Read data from spl meter by arduino

Hello
I have this sound level meter model.
GM1357
It can able to connect to pc by usb and it have an application that show spl online in computer

I want to connect usb from sound level meter to arduino and read spl from sound level meter

How can i do it?

Maybe, maybe not... It's probably not "easy"... What kind of application does it need? Does it need any special USB drivers? Of course, PC applications and drivers won't run on the Arduino.

Also, the Arduino's built-in USB port works as a USB device, not as a USB host/controller. You'll need a host shield. For example, a printer or keyboard (or SPL meter) is a device and the computer is the host/controller... You can't plug one computer into another computer via USB and you can't connect your SPL meter to a printer. You need one host and one or more devices.

Then, you'll have to figure-out how to communicate with it.

It seems to have a DC analog output of 10 mV/dB. That'll be much easier than trying to find/write a USB driver for it.

Pieter

Software make by its company
That get data form spl meter and draw cruve spl on domain time

PieterP:
It seems to have a DC analog output of 10 mV/dB. That'll be much easier than trying to find/write a USB driver for it.

It is AC analogy signal output jack
But i dont know what is it

It is AC analogy signal output jack
But i dont know what is it

Perfect! Connect the analog output to an Arduino analog input.

The [u]Read Analog Voltage Example[/u] shows you how to read/calculate voltage.

If 1dB = 10mV*, then 10dB* = 100mV, and 100dB = 1 Volt.

And... 1V reads 205 on the 10-bit ADC with the default 5V reference so a reading of 205 is 100dB.

You simply need to change the calculation to get dB:

dB = ADC * (5/10.23);

Or, you can use the optional 1.1V ADC reference (and change the formula to 1.1/10.23) to get more resolution. (With the 1.1V reverence you can't go over 110dB.)

• Those SPL levels are way too low to measure. They are for calculation purposes only.