Anyone Seen The Maple?

The below thread, I gave you a way to have Leaflabs check your board combination out!!!!
I take it that you chose otherwise to have your problems fixed.

Starbug ... I have a solution to your problems.

Quote in spi.c on Github from iperry.

Quote:

Check different set of flags for SPI master transmit
Tested on wishield, would like some more testing if anybody has more things that speak spi
iperry (author)
1 day ago

Pack up your Wishield/Maple and contact iperry to see if he can test your complete "board combination".

A week ago a friend of mine gave me a mbed module for testing. Did you ever had a look at this
wonderful small piece of hardware?

Yes I did, and I didn't want to be tied down to their on-line ONLY compiler.

Are you still waiting for some positive results for the Maple?

Since your last thread ... Soft I2C and the external interrupts were completed in IDE release version 0.0.7.

This month all remaining Arduino compatible commands/functions will be released in their stable IDE 0.1.0 along with a total rewrite of the IDE in Python.

Two RTOS's were ported to The Maple.

Things are moving along at Leaflabs.

To be continued ...

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

"The Maple is the high performance Arduino"

@Ed123

Which board do you mean? mbed or Maple? :-?

Which board do you mean? mbed or Maple?

This thread is about The Maple. :wink:

I suggested (above) to check with iperry to have him check out your Maple Ethernet board combination.
Throughout out this topic/thread on The Maple, you gave an indication on your many problems you had.
Since, you indicated that everything ran on your Arduino/shield combination and not the Maple,
I was just trying to be helpful in trying to resolve your problem(s).

Andy mea culpa, mea culpa

For one moment i forgot that i am in a Maple thread. I hope you can forgive me.

Thanks for your proposal about checking my hardware thru iperry. But it is too expensive for me to send hardware which is really not that useful for me from Germany to the US. Let the Arduinos do the playing with the WiShields. They are at least working. I will just go on testing all kind of new ideas and hardware which come along. My newest baby is a STM3210E-Eval board. I will report about it. :sunglasses:

@Andy

Reply: The last time I have checked (I hate to be very blunt) but you are a company and we (the users) are your customers!

Don't run out of patience Andy.

Its a very young company and I directly pointed out their cavalier attitude. I have worked for three fortune 500 companies and not supporting your customers for 10 days would have got you fired after the first day.
:o :o :o

@ Andy

Hi Andy did you lately visit the Maple forum? The users are so bored that they are already selling cars. Hihi. :sunglasses:

Hi Andy did you lately visit the Maple forum? The users are so bored that they are already selling cars. Hihi

Looks like they got hit by the spammers big time.

On another note ...
Most companies try to meet their production/software
schedules on time. Leaflabs, it seems, never meets their
predicted and advertised schedules. Since I bought my
Maple in June 2010 and I am still waiting for I2C to
work using on oboard hardware then I decided to go to
plan B and find another supplier that has a ARM processor
and EVERYTHING debugged and working. MBED looks good
but your are tied down to their online compiler.
The only other solution is the FEZ Panda which uses
Microsoft's net framework and the C# language. Having a
debugger is very nice and a very modern IDE is great.
The cost is $34 (USD) for the GHI FEZ Panda and is the
same form factor as the Maple. I am working in parallel
and so far the multithreading FEZ Panda is the rising
star among the other ARM boards in the market.
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

FEZ has Arduino-compatible libraries?

If you were willing to settle for non-arduino compatible libraries, weren't there a lot of choices (using chip-vendor provided code)?

FEZ has Arduino-compatible libraries?

Why of course not ... I never said the FEZ had Arduino compatible libraries but it has the same form factor as the Arduino. :wink:

What the FEZ brings to the table is several years of proven hardware development in which I2C, SPI, Serial communications just plain works.
The Maple is "Arduino compatible" but it seems that Leaflabs have their guru hardware programmer working partime to finish the Maple development project that should have been finished months ago.

Hi Andy

As i have already written i am not using any boards but just testing them for Universities, schools and companies. Sometimes i keep a board to have some fun with it but mostly i give them away to students or friends.
Since the beginning of the year i kept a FEZ Domino Board. Up to now there are still no libs for the use of the Arduino shields, altough this board is Arduino compatible. Everyone is talking about it but i haven't seen any results yet. The Maple and the Coridium boards are only used for decoration and as a cenotaph of how people work.
The last board i've bought for myself was a suggestion of a student. It is the mbed with a mbeduino and a the WDB from Cool Components. You are right you are tight up with the online compiler. But there are a lot of people working to get rid of that. But the best thing is everthing really works. If it is the ethernet, the sd card, the Bluetooth or the USB Host. And even Arduino Boards can be used. It is really amazing. You are not tied to any OS System. You can use MS, Apple or Linux. Tell me about a board that does all this at this price level and i will order one at once.

Scored a (free) LCPXpresso at the ARM developer conference today, for sitting through a presentation on their Eclipse-based development environment. (actually, it was a good "intro-to-eclipse" talk; one of the better presentations I've been to at shows like this.)

What do you think of LCPXpresso? I am considering getting one.

Well, I haven't used it much yet. I did get the development environment to work in windows running in VirtualBox on my mac with very little trouble, which I found relatively impressive.

Be careful which one you buy. The LPC13xx based board I got (for free, remember, so I can't complain much) is relatively "small", even compared to Arduino. For something larger, be sure you get the LPC17xx based board. (there is also an even smaller one.)

My initial impression is that if you don't like the fact that "blink" compiles to almost 1K on an Arduino, you'll be really unhappy that the similar sample program that compiles to about 10k in the LPCXpresso environment... (but that's probably not what you should worry about, given that you can get 128k ARMs for about the same price as 32k AVRs.)

That's weird I thought the ARM processors were supposed to have a reduced code size. Is that because there is additional overhead for setting up the board?

i'm not sure; I haven't investigated yet. That version did include some debugging code and used some standard libraries that might or might not be efficiently linked.

ARM CM3 claims to have reduced code size compared to ARM ("Thumb" 16 bit instructions vs 32bit instructions), and of course if you need to do 32bit math the ARM will pull out ahead eventually; I don't think I've seen anything claim that code size was small compared to 8bit cpus doing 8bit things...

Maple is great product.
There's numberous competitors.

Netduino,LPC,etc for advance network IC's.Numberous ARM at market.

Thank's
Jeckson

PS:
I'm offering barter or trade

http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=100189

I have read on the ARM website that the M3 has superior code density to the 8/16-bit architectures. Cortex-M3

Has anyone had any experience with the Blueboard? 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND

All the code size comparisons I have made rate the CM3 up to 10% larger than comparable atmega code.

The IDE/compliler suite make a huge difference in final code size. Most people counter that the CM3 product has 4 times the flash for the same price.

I also have some concerns about a high MHz mpu on a 2 layer PCB. Noise is very difficult to troubleshoot.

This board sure is good