Go Down

Topic: using hyperterm (Read 258 times) previous topic - next topic

Ivanfd1

Hi
I'am new to this forum and to arduino world,  I have a question, please forgive me if this has been done before but i looked through the internet but did not find some thing similar to what i want to do,
Basicaly i want to set a value in my sketch using hyperterminal or similar. can anyone point me in the right direction
Example:

Code: [Select]

if (buttonState == HIGH) {  //  I want to change "HIGH" To LOW using Hypertermial :(
    // turn LED on:
    digitalWrite(ledPin, HIGH); // Change this High to low and vis versa
  } else {
    // turn LED off:
    digitalWrite(ledPin, LOW);
  }

Can anyone point me in the correct direction on doing this

Kind regards
Ivan

Robin2

Basicaly i want to set a value in my sketch using hyperterminal or similar.
The Arduino Serial Monitor is similar and there must be dozens or hundreds of examples of sending data to an Arduino using the Serial Monitor. Have you studied the examples that come with the Arduino IDE?

What works with the Serial Monitor should work with other terminal programs.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Ivanfd1

Thanks Robin  for replying.  I have been searching the net for the right format for my application.
I have read Serial Event , Firmata etc.
I am using 16 x 2 display and have to change 16 values in the code[bar garph]

Code: [Select]

Val = anolagRead(A0);

if (Val >= 0) {       // I need to change [0] vial serial to a higher/lower number
    lcd.setCursor(1,1);
    lcd.print("I");
    } else {
    lcd.setCursor(1,1);
    lcd.print("");
  }

if(Val >= 2) {     // I need to change [2] vial serial to a higher/lower number and so on
    lcd.setCursor(2,1);
    lcd.print("I");
    } else {
    lcd.setCursor(2,1);
    lcd.print(" ");
  }

if (Val >= 3.5) {
    lcd.setCursor(3,1);
    lcd.print("I");
    } else {
    lcd.setCursor(3,1);
    lcd.print(" ");
  }

Any help would be app
Thanking you in advance

Robin2

Jul 18, 2017, 09:06 pm Last Edit: Jul 18, 2017, 09:08 pm by Robin2
Have a look at the examples in Serial Input Basics - simple reliable ways to receive data. Sorry, I forgot to include this link in Reply #1

If that does not help please post some examples of the data you want to send to the Arduino.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up