Project: Laser Harp - simpler idea

Hey Guys :slight_smile: ... Need your advice on this idea of mine :slight_smile:

Maybe you've seen (and i think you have) the LASER HARP project on the net, well i wanted to build something similar to that but using more simpler and i hope more cheaper components and parts.

I plan on proposing it as a project. About the Laser part of the project, i plan on using a simple laser pointer placed to point upward then aligned on top of it would be a photo-diode.

the Laser pointer and the photo-diode will act as the "Strings" to the Harp, and there will be 8 of this for the 8 notes.

So what do you think? oh and some advice on what speaker or speakers i can use for this, but i'm hoping to use only one speaker to produce all of the eight note.

Hope you guys can give your thoughts about this... tnx XD

How do they do it? Probably something similiar, the hardest part will be creating 8 simultaneous notes with the arduino, you may be better off controlling 8 555 timers with eight small speakers, easier and probably cheaper if you find speakers laying around

@winner10920

• i have thought about that and search for it on the net. Another suggested that i should multiplex the 8 notes to a Arduino(i plan on using this), and searched it and found this "It is not possible to read or write more than one pin on the 4051 at the same time, because you can only select one pin at a time." So if i understood this correctly, then i wont be able to simultaneously play two notes or more at the same time, or did i understand wrong?

Here is an App Note from Atmel about generating multiple tones using an AVR processor and the PWM outputs.

http://www.atmel.com/Images/doc1982.pdf

Any advice on making simultaneous playing of 2 or more note possible? :expressionless:

Gedon:
Any advice on making simultaneous playing of 2 or more note possible? :expressionless:

You mean other than the Atmel App Note? Which is all about playing two notes at the same time.

Hey Guys... need you advice.

This friend of mine is really bugging me with what FEEDBACK can i include in this project.

Well i said, if I can, I'll put a sensor to know how high or how low i placed my hand to block the laser path between the photo-diode and the laser pointer, which in turn will be how high or how low the volume is.

I might have said that on the spur of the moment then,

Anyways guys, any ideas how will this be possible?

Perhaps with ultrasound? Those sensors are cheap however accuratly timing 8 at once would be pretty hard