16x2 lcd with UnoR3 probs

knuckles:
i am chucking them back in the shoebox till next year i cant afford to waste any more time on these LCD displays .the display on the Pololu orangatan works ok for now .
i might try a few new ones next year in case theyre faulty .
thanks for your input anyway

I felt bad that you didn't get a good experience with arduino projects. If you did, it could take up a lot of your free time and provide both fun and functionality. As everyone else here must be, you are the master of your own domain, i.e. your job and family besides being good at wiring. I am sure that everyone in your circle respects you. But you are in a new place now, this forum. All that respect you receive automatically from your job and family is left where they are and new respect is earned not brought here.

You didn't do it the right way from the start. If you showed a picture or two, your code accompanying the pictures, you will be well respected among us as an eager learner and people usually bend backwards to help you. You didn't. After multiple members requesting photos you didn't do it, only quoting you are good with wiring, which we don't know. We don't know your name, your face or what you are good at. What me know is what you posted, which is very little about this project you are doing. Tell me that we should simply trust you with your wiring. How does that sound to you if it were someone new at your work telling you they know everything and you should put full trust on them. As experienced at work as you are, this may have been the first time you are removed from your own comfort zone in your own home or work space and have to be treated as a newbie. You probably experience that a lot if you have to frequently change jobs.

I am not calling you stupid or anything, maybe newbie shock. Stupid is reserved for repeated offenders. You are only upsetting some of us with one thing and we forget and forgive or in my case just forget. I am hoping you will come back with some other projects to share and learn with us soon.