"L" Led is off... [SOLVED]

Bonjour,

J'ai enfin reçu mon Arduino Uno et quelques bricoles (capteurs, plaques d'essais etc...). 25 jours d'attente!
J'ai branché le cable USB au Mac, la carte s'est allumée (ON et L), j'ai uploadé le premier exemple pour tester (led clignotante)... et ça a marché tout de suite ! trop content ! J'ai donc voulu modifié la pin 13 en 12 dans le programme pour tester, et là, quelques erreurs java.
J’ai donc regardé un peu les forums, et j’ai vu que j’avais oublié d’installer les FTDI drivers, ce que j’ai aussitôt fait. Effectivement, l’item tty.usbmodemfd est apparu dans le menu “serial port”. J’ai donc réessayé, et là j’ai eu un autre message “avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding” ce que j’ai traduit par “la carte ne répond pas”. En effet, la led “L” était éteinte. J’ai tout essayé: viré les preferences.txt, débranché, rebranché, reset, redémarrer le Mac, tenir le reset appuyé en rebranchant l’USB... rien n’y a fait, juste des tentatives de connection à la carte (led L et RX qui s’allument à 4 ou 5 reprises puis plus rien). J’ai peur que ce soit un problème hardware.
J’ajoute que dans la configuration réseau j’ai : “Arduino Uno non configuré” est-ce normal? comment configurer le réseau? J’aurais peut-être dû commencer par là !

Quelqu’un a-t-il une idée?

Merci pour votre aide,

Philippe

FTDI Drivers have nothing to do with the Uno.

When OSX prompts to configure Network Device, just click "OK." No configuration necessary.

What were the actual errors you received?

Have you posted this question in the French forum?

Hi James,

Thanks for your response.

I was previously on the french forum and I didn’t notice that the page has changed; sorry.
You’re right, I missed something on the starting page and I should have not installed the FTDI drivers; so I’ve uninstalled them and they don’t appear anymore in the “serial port” menu.
Then I’ve checked the USB port in hardware infos and Arduino was in USB devices... but I disconnected the Arduino card and checked again hardware infos...and all I found is “communication device”.
I can’t reproduce the environment I found at the first use of Arduino Uno (when it worked at first try).
But I remember something I did for the first try of “led blinking” programm : the +led was at the 13 pin and, for the ground, I touched the USB box. It worked, but maybe I had not to do so...
I had no errors now... as the Arduino is not recognized (“L” led is off)

What can I do ?

Regards

Philippe

[SOLVED]

What did I do ? ...Re-intalled Arduino IDE, checked and unchecked items from serial port menus, plugged card on main usb port on my mac (not through hub), pushed the reset button on card, uploaded a blinking led program...and it suddenly worked !
Thanks for your info on FTDI drivers.

Philippe