AS1130 First attempt - working

It's arduino code so there can nobody tell me I'm in the wrong topic

ROFLMAO :grin: :grin:

I did post at the beginning somewhere that this is my first attempt at using the Arduino system and the AtMega chips....before I started this project I'd never heard of the Wire library... :stuck_out_tongue:

I can read though...and have a background in electronics and computer science. ]:smiley:

The code is not optimised or elegant...I just posted it to show how I got the AS1130 working with an Arduino.

Anyway....

I now have the 24 x 11 version working and am starting this weekend to solder up the other 2 chips and 264 LEDs which will give me 24 x 22. My plan then is to look into optimising the code and porting it to the Arduino...then I'll look at RGB, but I haven't found any RGB LEDs that I can solder in a very tight matrix.... :frowning:

Until the code is optimised and debugged I don't really want to share it because I am changing it all the time...and I haven't even started to include blinking and dot correction yet :fearful:

To answer your question...the begin method initialises the I2C bus and sets the internal pullups on SDA and SCL. The beginTransmission method does exactly what it says.... :smiley: