Intererest in tacoma area arduino club

I started a blog to list Seattle Tacoma area workshops and projects the other day.
It' s www.boredhacker.blogspot.com

Cool, We have not had any sort of meeting. When we get a few more people closer to the Tacoma area (Like aroma and me) we could have a meeting.

I live in Tacoma, WA area, I want to join this Arduino Tacoma club. Leo

Hi, Jeff and Aroma, this is Leo in Tacoma area, zip code 98467.
Let us start to meet? How about this coming Saturday, 04/08/2010?

How about this coming Saturday, 04/08/2010?

This coming Saturday is 05/08/2010.

I'm in 98422. Are we going to negotiate a time/place or do you have something in mind? Thanks, Rob

Now, we have Rob, Paul, Jeff and myself. Let us start talking about where and when to meet. Or even what we expect from the meetings.

Myself is a Sr. Software Developer, with a couple of years experience in embedded programming back many years ago. I recently became interested in Arduino/Robot stuff.

I was thinking that the basic idea would be to meet a coffeehouse or something and show off what we have been working on, once in a while we could have a guest speaker talking about something cool (Reprap for example).
Anyway I am in 98418, and am a student/freelance PCB designer/Client side web developer/sound tech.

I am planning to build an Arduino helicopter following http://hacknmod.com/hack/arduino-powered-helicopter-with-four-rotors/

However, I wish to use more integrated electronic components given at http://hacknmod.com/hack/make-a-uav-spyplane-using-the-arduino/

but i am unsure if the substitutes will work. I will appreciate it for your suggestions and comments.

What parts are you looking for specifically? Sparkfun sells a UAV autopilot board for $25. I have a few Dorkboards around if you want the keep the Arduino small/light. What type of motors are you going to run? Saving weight/cost/complexity on the motors and their control would be a cool place to start.

O Yea, You can easily mix and match components.

Really we should get together to figure out what we want from the meetings, I think that Saturday works for me(As long as it is before 4:00 PM). I would love to see what you have in regards to the copter!

That Cutters Point by the waterfront is pretty empty late mornings on the weekends.

The shop on Pacific by the school of the arts?

Yep.

That time/place works with me. How about you other guys?
Leo-pan, What parts do you have so far in regard to the helicopter?

Jeff, a coffeehouse would be great for me.
It looks like only you, Rob and me are in the Tacoma area.
Consider the zip code locations for three of us, I would suggest to meet at a coffee house near Tacoma mall. However I am open to any suggestion such as from the Freighthouse near Tacoma dome to Parkland.
Anyway, let us get the ball rolling.

Yea, Cutters Point is right smack dab in the middle of all our locations so I think that it is a great place for at-least this first meeting.

So, what do you think of this Saturday, Cutters Point at like 10:30-11:00ish?

I'm in.

Random stuff to consider this week:

What are you working on?
What parts tools do you need to find or borrow?
What kind of extra parts and tools do you have laying around that might help someone else's project along?
Do you need help with anything (hardware layout, fab or sketches)?
Project ideas.
How strong are you in Processing?
Any local resources that you've stumbled across that you want to share.

I am in too for the Cutters Point meeting.