Go Down

Topic: Making two arduinos play different parts of a song in tandem? (Read 310 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

Basically this is an X-Y Problem

The OP doesn't want or need to run two Arduinos in syncronisim. That is just a simple minded and quite futile approach. All he needs to do is to trigger the second Arduino to make the sound at the right time. He could use MIDI protocol or in fact anything else to signal to the second superfluous Arduino to make a sound. Any delay will be totally inaudible.

Coding Badly

FiveTomb

Starting at the exact time might be arranged by making them wait for a signal from the same push button. DPST switch, or similar. The two will certainly not stay together for very long unless both boards use the same clock signals.

Can these Arduinos be placed right next to each other?

Paul
Yes they can. But It can't be wireless though.

FiveTomb

Is this a professor of electronics or music?
He sounds like it is music and has no idea about electronics.
It's an engineering orientation class. We are collaborating with another group, hence the two arduinos playing different parts of a song. Don't know why he just won't let us use 2 piezos though.

Power_Broker

It's an engineering orientation class. We are collaborating with another group, hence the two arduinos playing different parts of a song. Don't know why he just won't let us use 2 piezos though.
Piezos? I don't think it's a good idea to use piezos for playing music (could be wrong, but I doubt it's even feasible). You should be using electromagnetic speakers instead.

BTW, using an opamp in summing configuration, you can add the signals from both arduinos and play BOTH signals using one speaker!
"The desire that guides me in all I do is the desire to harness the forces of nature to the service of mankind."
   - Nikola Tesla

jimLee

I did what the OP is doing and used Piezos.. It sounded like crap, but you could hear the chords being played. Its a sound only a creator can love.

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club
1012 9Th Street, Anacortes, WA 98221 (Around the back of building)
Contact jimLee or Naneen for more info

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy