IDE Text Editor

Wow, That Sir is a lot of learning... I skimmed it briefly and didn't notice any references to Windoze??? or is it something I must figure out. During my working years there was never enough time to learn other working Os's besides enough windows to "Get By". I remember Windows one, Two and Three and I always Wonder if Gates was on drugs when he allowed those offerings of offal to get to market. Win 3.11 was the only one that would boot 10 times out of 10. I digress again (something about being old or an only child.... never figgered that one out). As it was pointed out in the text there are several shortcomings in the Arduino IDE that have to be there for the IDE to be a useful tool for a beginner... My official title is Rank Beginner so I have some more learning to do and I do hope I don't exceed the scope of this forum by asking here... Later, Much later I think. C is difficult enough as I have a difficult time studying from a monitor, something I think about not being easy to flip between sections to get more detail on what I am trying to wrap my around the head of the issue and problem the answer. Seriously I am one of those people who learn best in a very quiet atmosphere and the WC is the most quiet and private place I own. Books are unfortunately expensive even used ones and the only one I own (paperback) is an old book on C++ Great but I think I need to be familiar with C first before I really can learn C++. I learned enough basic to write what I needed to test the devices I designed in the 90's and 00's and I think it is an issue as looking at a function I can almost understand it then I see that punctuation and realize that it is part of the language and not what you do at the end of a sentence. All of this to say that it goes much more slowly than I like but it goes nevertheless.

Thank You for the very useful (someday, soon I hope) useful information and be assured... I'lll be Baaack
For more.

Doc