Which one is the working Due version?

CrossRoads:
"I'm going to manufacture few pieces of Due PCB boards"

Why?

Because I can't buy it, "Not in Stock".

My Due has the chip on the same place as 'the current one'. If you live in EU this place got 3 Due in stock Robomaa

That's interesting - mine has the chip in the same place as "the first release".

stimmer:
That's interesting - mine has the chip in the same place as "the first release".

To be clear -- you've got a board with the small IC10 component located between the header pins, rather than located in lower left quadrant of the board?

pico:

stimmer:

To be clear -- you've got a board with the small IC10 component located between the header pins, rather than located in lower left quadrant of the board?

Yes that's exactly where it is, between the headers. There's no physical or electrical problem with it being there, the board works fine and it's impossible to accidentally touch it as it's so well guarded by the headers. It just looks like it could be a source of trouble for pick and place.

The voltage supply header is so close to the large capacitor that they are touching and the header has been bent slightly off vertical (similar to the photo if you look closely). Shields still fit in OK though.

on my Due board is the IC10 located between the header pins. In difference to the 2nd picture in the first post, Y2 is not populated.

Why there are this differences? I also have the IC10 between the headers...

okay1984:

Hey guys,

I'm going to manufacture few pieces of Due PCB boards, but I'm really confusing about this above. The small chip 74LVC1G125DCK has been moved to left bottom corner. Seems that's the right position.

The current EAGLE file released on Due production page matches the second one board in that picture. So it's not the latest one.

Hope Arduino team release the latest one soon.

Best,
Tony

There are more diffs:

• above the ISCP from the 16U2 are the Solderspots named for Aref Intern or extern
  • near the TWI pins the JTAG header is present not only the holes
  • left from the SAM the external crystal (Y2) for the RTC-Modul is missing

Think thats all at the first view.

The position of the little IC is in my opinion not worse but the crystal for the RTC would be nice to have, the labeling from the Aref is nicely

Reading this post http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,129880.0.html it seems that the model with IC10 beetwen headers is the last one .
The photo on the website is an older model.
Is it true?
and why there are different version of the board if is still sold out and we bought the same board at the same moment :S ?

franceslup:
and why there are different version of the board if is still sold out and we bought the same board at the same moment :S ?

That's a good question... My Due's already arrived and I'll collect it tommorow. Now I'm really curious to see which of the versions it is...

goncalor:

franceslup:

That's a good question... My Due's already arrived and I'll collect it tommorow. Now I'm really curious to see which of the versions it is...

let us know... :smiley:

franceslup:

goncalor:

franceslup:

It's an question too, where you bye it, from the Arduino Store or somewhere else, maybe there is an first pullout with different design or the first pullout to the other reseller is different to the first pullout buyed from the Arduino Store.

Markus_L811:

franceslup:

goncalor:

franceslup:

It's an question too, where you bye it, from the Arduino Store or somewhere else, maybe there is an first pullout with different design or the first pullout to the other reseller is different to the first pullout buyed from the Arduino Store.

I bought the arduino DUE during the first minute of release and of course on the arduino store!!! I'm in italy and resellers at today, haven't the board! i don't think it's a good idea to sold the same board but with different version... would you be happy if you know that you paid the same money like other people but you received an "old" version (maybe a previous review) ??? i don't think so... and why there is alredy a review???
Of course... i'm just supposing that the two different version represent a sort of review...

another thing... my board has the IC10 between header but has other things like the other version... it seems to be a mix of the two version in the photo :open_mouth:

i mean...

franceslup:
i mean...

i have the same version.
My store was: https://shop.boxtec.ch/
Shipping was on 24. Oct

thewknd:

franceslup:
i mean...

i have the same version.
My store was: https://shop.boxtec.ch/
Shipping was on 24. Oct

the same of the mine?

yes

instead of this... my DUE work's perfectly :smiley:

franceslup:
i mean...

Looks for me like an first release without the RTC-crystal because the Aref labeling is missing too.