An Error Has Occurred: You have exceeded the number of posts you can make in a 1

Hi

Many times, after I create a threa in the forums here, someone answers me,
and then when I write him a reply,
I press "Post", and then get this error:

And of course If I press the Back button,
my message (which was not posted) disappeared, and I have to write it again,
from the start...

Can you guys please change this setting?

10 minutes is alot of time, I think for users who exist more than some time, you guys can consider changing it to something much less..

And also if you can make the original message not disappear, it will be really helpful, for the cases where these false alerts to happen, even after you decrease the time from 10 minutes...

Thank you

Before you post, copy the text in case you lose the content.

How many posts have you made in the prevous 10 minutes in order to trigger that message?

...R

I often write multiple replies in ten minutes and have never had a problem. How many replies triggered the message?

Weedpharma

Could be a spam blocking setting of the forum until you reach some minimum number of posts. We were really getting flooded for a while, couldn't keep up getting it all banned/blocked/deleted.

LarryD:
Before you post, copy the text in case you lose the content.

yeah I now learned it,
but people don't know it after it happens..

It would be better to change this behavior

Robin2:
How many posts have you made in the prevous 10 minutes in order to trigger that message?

Only 1..

weedpharma:
I often write multiple replies in ten minutes and have never had a problem.

Then it seems to be different between users

In any case I am not a first day user,
my user here exists for more than a year, if not 2..

I think this setting should be affected by how old the user is in the system (and not just by the number of messages he wrote)

card5:
I think this setting should be affected by how old the user is in the system (and not just by the number of messages he wrote)

Then spammers would setup an account and leave it for several days/months then start mass spamming.
If it dependent on the number of posts then they have to participate for several posts before spamming and this will probably deter a spammer as they might learn something useful. :slight_smile:

We have people make new accounts and then post 100 spam messages in 10 minutes. After much pleading (like, for years) it sounds like this has finally changed. Yay!

It shouldn't affect you if you have 59 posts to your name, but to be honest, the developers don't share the exact details of what they have done with us moderators. In fact, in this case, I don't think we were told anything at all.

You shouldn't lose your message though, I'll raise a bug report about that.

Added to Github: Throttling of posts causes genuine posters to lose their message · Issue #195 · arduino/forum-assets · GitHub

Thank you Nick..

A wonderful example of good relations with your trusted frontline assistants ... NOT

...R

I can't tell you how many posts I have lost because of this.

I'm trying to remember to copy my posts before hitting "Preview" or "Post". Either will erase the post.

I suppose it usually takes me more than 10 minutes to write a post so I don't notice this very often but it's keeps surprising me.

Now I have to wait 8 minutes since I just added a correct link to this thread here.

I don't suppose there's a way to get the delay turned off prior to making 59 posts?

My bug report has been ignored, so far, so I'm not that hopeful.

This 10min "feature" is totally annoying, cumbersome and confusing.

Sometimes it happens when hitting "preview", losing your post
Sometimes it happens when hitting "modify", losing the changes
Sometimes it happens when posting a reply in different threads

I know the spam concern is an issue but at least remove the 10min restriction for members with more than 50 posts or so.

Thank you.

* mrExplore is copy pasting this message before it gets lost

HOW ironic....

It's not 59 posts. Apparently 68 posts aren't enough to allow multiple posts in 10 minutes.

This is intensely annoying.

Have you found your lost post in your saved drafts?

I've written to the forum administrator about this.

I should have checked myself.

I don't think any of the lost posts were saved.

I just tried it with this post and nothing was saved to my drafts. I copied the post to the clipboard and then clicked "Post". I received the error message and when I checked my drafts, this post wasn't there.

I tried using "Save Draft" but this also produces the 10 minute error message.

Thanks for pass our complaint along to the forum administrator.

(Now I'm just waiting for the time limit to expire.)

This is what I asked the developers to do, after we got hit with hundreds of spam posts with a couple of minutes, but the same person:

Surely, surely, we can throttle? If you joined today, you can only make one post every 10 minutes or so?

This is the (only) response I got:

Hello, we're about to install a hotfix to limit the number of posts a new user can make.

It appears that the "if you joined today" part was ignored.