Any fans in Singapore?

Hi fans in Singapore,

I'm sure there are many of us here. Msg me, it would be nice to meet up and share our gizmos and projects over kopi and kaya toast.

Msg lah, don't shy.

Keff

Take a look at the Arduino User Map

Thanks for starting the Arduino Users Map Mowcius !

After fiddling a bit I managed to place myself on it. It might be helpful for noobs like me if you could add a few instructions like:

• Sign in using Gmail account
  • Inserted a Placemap
  • Change the default Placemap avatar to the "outline-of-person" avatar

Cheers,
K

keff_in_sg:
Thanks for starting the Arduino Users Map Mowcius !

After fiddling a bit I managed to place myself on it. It might be helpful for noobs like me if you could add a few instructions like:

• Sign in using Gmail account
  • Inserted a Placemap
  • Change the default Placemap avatar to the "outline-of-person" avatar

Cheers,
K

Well I did have the instructions in the info box then people kept changing it...

Hi .. anybody still here? I'm a long time arduino user, from the Philippines,
and now in Singapore.

Anybody here still active in Arduino development?

Check the map...

keff_in_sg:
Hi fans in Singapore,

I'm sure there are many of us here. Msg me, it would be nice to meet up and share our gizmos and projects over kopi and kaya toast.

Msg lah, don't shy.

Keff

Hi, Im interested to start an arduino proj. whr do you buy yours in sg?

You can buy from sgbotic or robot-r-us

Hey guys,

Sorry I have distracted lately (got obsessed by 3d printing) and havent been checking the forums.

BillHo is right, there are those 2 suppliers. Not sure if any more sprang up tho.

Kopiohh, yes I have gotten stuff from both Robots R Us and SgBotics. Both are very customer oriented. Sometimes you might have a little better offer from one or the other, so it pays to check both prices before you buy.

Intially I bought 3 Unos because I wanted to make sure I could start with something reliable. But soon I found that making your own boards is much easier than it sounds, waaaay cheaper, and much more fun/satisfying. About the biggest cost would be the Atmega, and that is about 6 bucks? I think you can make your own extra boards for $8 to 10 easily.

After u get your first board, had so much fun that you want to make more stand alones, I can point u in the right direction.

Keff

Hi keff,
How is your 3d printing getting along? what system you are using? reprep?

Hello guys,

It's really nice to see that there's an arduino interest group here in SG. I bought my Diecimila back in 2009 but haven't really made anything useful out of it. I just followed the samples and tutorials from arduino.cc. I've been working as an Android dev for the last 2 years and the announcement of ADK got me excited again in using Arduino. I'll be glad if we can have some kind of meetup soon.

Hi mharkus,
What is your progress on the android dev? I'm dev android too.

Hi, I'm from Singapore (in case you're still interested in this thread).

Hi, I'm from Singapore as well. We conduct Arduino workshops for adults and kids and is planning on an Arduino meetups. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Hi guys,

Looking for people to meet in Singapore and share knowledge on the matter. Feel free to give me a heads up.