big led project

the MOSFETS I could not find in the stores they had some IRF*** some numbers but all were 100v or more not too sure if I can use those if not...

The 100V rating is not a problem. That's the maximum Drain-Source (output) voltage you can apply without risking damage.

CrossRoads mentioned "Logic Level MOSFETS". That relates to the Gate-Source (input) voltage. Most MOSFETs require more than 5V at the gate to "turn on". A logic-level MOSFET can be turned-on with the 5V signal out of the Arduino.

So for example, with a logic-level MOSFET you could use the 5V output from the Arduino to control 100V. (But that would be getting a bit dangerous for the human... :wink: )

P.S.
Just a suggestion... I'd "start small". I assume you've already played around with resistors & LEDs connected directly to your Arduino. Next, I'd try one regular-little LED with one MOSFET at 12 or 24V (with the appropriate current-limiting resistor on the LED). Then replace the LED with the higher-power LED strip. Once you know your basic design is working, you can build the other "channels".

You might just want to leave regular LEDs on the Arduino outputs along with the MOSFETS, at least during development, to help with troubleshooting & debugging in case something goes wrong.