interfacing

hi

want to know how to interface multiple(more than two) arduinos with computer.

and acquiring sensor data from all arduinos in real time along with controlling motors connected to each arduino.

thanking all.

want to know how to interface multiple(more than two) arduinos with computer.

Plug the first Arduino in. It is assigned a COM port. Plug the next one in. It is assigned a different COM port. Repeat for the others. Each new Arduino will get a different COM port.

All you need to do is keep track of which COM ports the Arduinos are attached to, and write a program on the PC to open all those COM ports.

Read and write to each COM port as though it was the only one open.

thanks. paul can you give me a little more hint.

probably a piece of code might do well for me bcoz im new to arduino

probably a piece of code might do well for me bcoz im new to arduino

Since I have no idea what the Arduino is to do, I can't write code for it.

Since I have no idea what the PC is supposed to do, other than talk to the Arduinos, I can't write code for it.

thanks paul.

ok. basically what i trying to do is to design a wheather station for my house. and im using about 10 sensors. i have 4 arduino_unos.

what i want to do is to make a matlab gui so that i can get all sensor data with plots in an interactive way.
along with that i made a shutter for the station using motors,a camera survilliance using servo so i want to control these mechanisms(motors) with matlab gui as well.

kindly give me a solution at an earliest.
a request to you all who views this post.

thanking to all.

ankit_kumawat:
what i want to do is to make a matlab gui so that i can get

Have you written your Matlab GUI so it can get data from a single Arduino ?

If not, that is your first task.

Why do you need 4 Arduinos ?
Maybe you could use one of them to collect data from the others and pass it to Matlab.

...R

(PS I know nothing about Matlab - I can't afford it.)