Data Logger RTC by Deek Robot

I just bought one of the Deek robot RTC data logger shields.

It is NOT pin compatible with Arduino or Digispark , but it is labeled so it can be used.

For those searching for documentation and libraries needed for the use of the logger I have available the support documentation sent to me by the maker in China. I have installed the libraries and looked at the schematic for the board and all looks good but I have not used it yet. Use at your own discretion and risk.

A note. They use CS (card select) instead of SS (Slave Select) to label the select pin. The two mean the same.

RTC logger library.zip (320 KB)

I can not extract the file.
These errors are shown:

$> unzip RTC\ logger\ library.zip
Archive: RTC logger library.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of RTC logger library.zip or
RTC logger library.zip.zip, and cannot find RTC logger library.zip.ZIP, period

I had the same problem trying to open the zip file with winzip.
But it opened okay with 7zip!

To get winzip to open it, rename the file from ".zip" to ".rar"

Did anyone get this working with the UNO?
I just bought one of these but cant find any working examples, diagrams etc even though it was advertised as comes with tutorials :frowning:
I am new to Arduino however I'm trying to monitor several contact closures that close at a set time every day.
I was thinking of a graphical display on a 5110 lcd and a missed event alarm if one of the contacts doesn't close at the specified time.
Any help with this project would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thankyou,
Piccolo.

I'm also searching for connecting deek robot 8122 Data Logger for Arduino Uno (wiring, examples)

Can anybody assist ?

Excuse me, I have a question
someone knows how much this module consumes in mAh?
is the same derek-robot data loggin board

If any of You still interested. I followed this video. And mine works. I combined several examples and it works with LCD and BT together.

can you tel me what battery do i need for this module?

You will need a 3V CR1220 (lithium) battery.

Hi,
I have had partial success with the Deek-Robot 8122 shield (microSD + RTC).

I have it connected to Nano/CH340 clone and also Uno. Seems to work ok in most situations.

I used the following libraries SD.h, TimeLib.h, DS1307RTC.h, SPI.h

CS = pin 10. RTC battery per previous post.

encrone_90: Quiescent current in 5V supply to shield is 1.4mA, but when writing to SD, peaks over 15mA. (my DMM cannot read peaks).

The only problem I have is writing to SD card does NOT work correctly if I power Nano via Vin (at 9V). Logger file is created on card but there is no content. (I have posted separately about this problem). Some posts suggest inadequacy of Deek Robot 3V3 regulator - hard to judge as in many situations it seems OK. This regulator is certainly very small!

Shield works fine if I power Nano via USB connector (either PC or external power).
Shield also works fine on Uno with either PC or Vin power.

Hope this helps.