Upload error from Mega1280

Dear all,

I draw a PCB external board to insert to the Arduino Mega1280 board. But, I need take out the external board every time when I have uploaded my program to that board. Otherwise, the error will appear avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00. How can I solve that problem. Please help me.

Thank you.

I draw a PCB external board to insert to the Arduino Mega1280 board.

Probably going to need a schematic of that board to help.

Here is my schematic. When I uploaded the program to the board, I have took away all the ICs. But still fail.

RobotSch.bmp (1.12 MB)

Too small to read. What is connected to the Serial lines? That's what typically causes uploads to fail.

I just connected the socket to Serial line without any IC. However, I am concern one thing that is I drew a wrong reset circuit to Reset pin, +5V -> push button parallel with 10uF capacitor -> reset pin parallel a resistor -> ground. I measure the voltage of the reset pin is around 2.65V. Is it that part to make a fault?

But I found my board is quit unstable because after I connected AREF to 3.3V, then upload the program to the Mega board, it would fail to upload too. The error is ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail. P.S. in this case, I had not insert my external board to Mega. Is it normal?

littleming:
I just connected the socket to Serial line without any IC. However, I am concern one thing that is I drew a wrong reset circuit to Reset pin, +5V -> push button parallel with 10uF capacitor -> reset pin parallel a resistor -> ground. I measure the voltage of the reset pin is around 2.65V. Is it that part to make a fault?

But I found my board is quit unstable because after I connected AREF to 3.3V, then upload the program to the Mega board, it would fail to upload too. The error is ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail. P.S. in this case, I had not insert my external board to Mega. Is it normal?

Very likely, but your drawing is almost impossible to read, even when blown up to 200% size. Here is the link to the standard arduino Uno board so you can study how they have the reset system wired up.

Lefty

OK. I read the schematic diagram for Mega1280. I saw the reset circuit is connect to push button, then ground. My question is the reset pin is floating without press button. Is it OK or connect a pull up resistor to Vcc may be better?

And I upload again my schematic again. It is a eagle file. Thank you very much.

AskForHelp.sch (785 KB)

You want it pulled up.
See section 3:

AtmelAVR042 AVR Design Considerations.pdf (236 KB)

So where does the Arduino fit in all that?
How about putting in more signal name, preferably relating to the Arduino pins you are connecting to.

The table for the pin header connecting to Arduino board is showing below:
POWERARDUINO = Power part of Arduino board
ANALOGIN1 = Analog in Pin 0 ~ 7
DIGITAL = Digital pin 22 ~ 53
PWMARDUINO1 = AREF+GND+PWM pin 13 ~ 8
PWMARDUINO2 = PWM pin 7 ~ 2 + TX + RX

PWM pin 2 ~ 13 ARDUINO are connected to ULN2003A.
Analog in pin 13, 14, 15 are connected to G sensor x , y, z respectively.
some digital pins are connected to ultra sound sensor and IR sensor.

But when I test my external board, I had not insert any IC to it.

I forgot mention that the arduino board and my board is running normally after upload the program to the Mega board with empty state. The board just fail when I upload the program to the Mega board if I insert others board.