Arduino dll?

I thought that a good project that could benefit the community would be to create a dll(VC#?) that would allow an arduino running the serialio firmware to act as a k8055 board. The K8055 is a usb board with 5 digital inputs, 8 digital outputs, 2 analog inputs, and 2 analog outputs. The Arduino board fists most of these specifications, and is much less expensive. If I am correct, all it would require would be making a class in VC# with the same functions as the dll(Found on velleman's site), only converting the commands to serial commands and sending them to the arduino.

Links:Velleman Kits K8055: USB EXPERIMENT INTERFACE BOARD – Velleman – Wholesaler and developer of electronics K8055 board
http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~infoarts/technical/arduino/wilson.arduinoresources.html Arduino Firmware
http://www.vellemanusa.com/us/enu/download/files/ vellman dll and examples

I've started working on it, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience in making DLL files.

This looks pretty interesting. I can help you with the dll. But do you really want to make it act exactly like the k8055 board ? I mean is the point to create a drop in replacement ?

I think it would be a nice ida to make a DLL / class / component for general .net interfacing Arduino.

I have toyed with the thought for a while, but i simply do not have the time to throw at it for the moment.

Do you know the project MyOpenLab?
MyOpenLab uses dll to k8055 of Velleman.
The author has also integrated Arduino (and Arduclema) libraries using serial communication.
It may be interesting to create a dll to be used by MyOpenLab. You can also comment on the forums of the project MyOpenLab.
We also want to program graphically Arduino (and Arduclemas;)) from MyOpenLab through Java.
Greetings.

cOLe.

Do you know the project MyOpenLab?
MyOpenLab uses dll to k8055 of Velleman.
The author has also integrated Arduino (and Arduclema) libraries using serial communication.
It may be interesting to create a dll to be used by MyOpenLab. You can also comment on the forums of the project MyOpenLab.
We also want to program graphically Arduino (and Arduclemas;)) from MyOpenLab through Java.
Greetings.

cOLe.

Pretty interesting. I think I'll have alook into creating a dll this weekend.