how to discorver ir remote codes

Hi,

first of all i want to say that my english is not good. Sorry :slight_smile:

I have an arduino uno and a ir receiver.
What i want is to discover my remotes protocols (samsung, grundig, etc.. ). I searched a lot for anyone that as coded something to discover samsung remote code and can't find anything.

How should i proceed to find the protocol for my remotes? I know i have to use the pulseIn but i tried that and i only get "random" numbers that are never the same, but all the pulses are usually between 500 and 700. But not always are only 10 pulses, sometimes are more sometimes are less. And i tried to when the pulse is higher than 600 it is "1" and higher than 500 it is "0" and the resulting bits doesn't match if a press the key again. And sometimes different keys have the same match..

So, how should i proceed to discover the ir codes from samsung and the others remotes? I want to discover so i can save them and send them via an ir transmiter.

Thank you, and sorry my bad english :smiley:

You should look in the playground, there are many lybrary for that.
For example : A Multi-Protocol Infrared Remote Library for the Arduino

Hi, Take a look here:

for the ideas behind this, then the Library mentioned is great...

Soranne:
You should look in the playground, there are many lybrary for that.
For example : A Multi-Protocol Infrared Remote Library for the Arduino

I tried this before and nothing appeared in the serial monitor. When i use this library the IR Receiver became very very hot..

Don't know why that happen. I think that it is all correct on the wires... I have tried other codes and those send always something to the serial monitor but this don't send anything and keeps heating the receiver.. :S

Thank you. I have read that before, is very usefull to understand how ir works :smiley: