Easy Wireless Communication

Hello All,

Here is my project - creating a wireless link between my motorcycle helmet and an arduino that monitors 3 inputs from the motorcycle (brake,left turn, right turn). I already have the code done and implemented for hardwire, but for convenience I want to go wireless. The arduino is on the bike, and I have a MAX7219 controlling the 8x8 led matrix on the helmet.

The MAX7219 is expecting Data, Clock and Latch. Simply 3 inputs.

So, does anyone know an easy way (I am still a beginner) to make the wires go away?

Thanks

So, does anyone know an easy way (I am still a beginner) to make the wires go away?

Wire cutters?

Wireless communication in a noisy (electrically, that is) environment like an automobile or motorcycle is going to be problematic. XBees are probably going to be your best bet, since they do re-transmissions and data integrity checking automatically. Whether they will work around the motorcycle, or not, I don't know. I could run a test later today, to see, if you like. They are not cheap, though.

you could always use the chinese knockoff that is cheaper :slight_smile:

http://cgi.ebay.nl/Arduino-Wireless-RF-Transmit-APC220-Kits-USB-Converter-/160494901106

I took my XBee transmitter and receiver out by my bike, and fired it up. It's a Harley, and about as electrically noisy as they come. The XBees never missed a bit.