Cant upload to nano as 328

Ok so when I said definately a 328 I was going by the specs sold to me. Now I am not so sure. My new funduino nano arrived so I set it up as an ISP. No matter what I did it would not burn nano 328 or UNO bootloader, instead it gave me an error about the slave not giving the correct fingerprint and to use -F to override. But it would let me burn the 168 bootloader to it no problems.

The chip print is too small and faded for my eyes to make out without a magnifying glass (and mines at the office).

The screen on the nano says Graitech Nano V3 2009. If it is a 168 then it's not a great loss just seems odd. But then I suppose that's the way with China bay you win some you lose some lol.

Comparing the china Gravitech nano to the funduino one the former is definately of lower quality. The LEDs are less bright the silk screen is dull and not as clean also some of the components look older.

On another note I ordered an atmega168 pro from China but they sent a 328 nano! And this one works fine reset switch and all. So now I have 2 working 328 nanos and a 168? Nano with a dodgy reset switch (soon to be repaired).