ASF functions inside Arduino ide

I am new to the world of Arduino (Due). Is it possible to use the functions supported in the ASF but from within the ARDUINO IDE? (i.e without going through Atmel studio)? Is it a matter of moving header files/dependencies or is it much more than that?

sharath:
I am new to the world of Arduino (Due). Is it possible to use the functions supported in the ASF but from within the ARDUINO IDE? (i.e without going through Atmel studio)? Is it a matter of moving header files/dependencies or is it much more than that?

Yes, most functions work. You don't need any headers ofzo.

Gericom:
Yes, most functions work. You don't need any headers ofzo.

I'd qualify Gericom's comment a bit. There is some support for the lower level stuff in ASF (i.e peripherals). However, not everything is there and I don't think that much of the middleware in ASF is in the distro, although you may find some in the libraries folder for the various drivers that are supported.

In addition to the libraries you'll want to look in the folder hardware/arduino/sam/system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/sam3xa/include/component/ to see what has been compiled into the libsam_sam3x8e_gcc_rel.a library that sketches get linked with. If what you need isn't in there you can always bring it in.

HI,
I use Studio 6 because is powerfull and permits to do many things.
Of course now it's difficult to import the Arduino's library on studio6 and for me It could be nice if Atmel and Massimo Benzi work toghether to have compatibility with Studio 6 and Arduino's library.
It's my dream :slight_smile:
Sorry for my personal opinion.
For answer at your question, import Atmel ASF in Arduino IDE I don't know well how to do. I don't think there will be much work to do, the project ASF is all in one folder with all that it need. (I think :slight_smile: )
Next days i'll try to do this. Time permitting.
Bye
Davide