Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1)  Will this switch connection work?
No, it will damage your Arduino.

2) What value resistor do I need.
You need two resistors in a potential divider configuration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_divider

I would use 10K for the bottom resistor and 15K for the top.
There's a motor at the junk yard, is 12" x 24" unmarked labeled as "DC MOTOR".  It was too heavy for me to move without having to move 10 other motors that were just as heavy.

What kind of horsepower could I expect to get from that - if the bearings were still good or I replaced them - and the windings were not shorted?  What type of resistance could I expect to measure from that - would I need a different meter?
General Electronics / Re: Resiter question
Last post by TomGeorge - Today at 05:58 am
Hi,
PLEASE
Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?
Label all pins and components, including part numbers.

You need to be more descriptive of your project components.

ITR9608 are photo interrupters.

The 180R I assume is the current limit resistor for the LED?

Why are you using pins 0 and 1?
They are reserved for program loading.

Thanks.. Tom...
EspaƱol / Re: Problema reset inesperado
Last post by Estebanquiable - Today at 05:55 am
 >:(  >:(  >:(  Error sigue igual se sigue reseteando solo cada 10 minutos no se que pueda ser.
SEM or Search Engine Marketing is the process to gain better visibility and traffic for the websites through search engines using unpaid and paid efforts.
Arduino Due / NVIC_EnableIRQ(PIOD_IRQn) disa...
Last post by joeblogs - Today at 05:53 am
Hey
if the serial monitor (Serial) uses the following pins on the due

PIO_PA8   // PIN 0, URXD
PIO_PA9   // PIN 1, UTXD

why would enabling the port D interrupt stop serial. ie NVIC_EnableIRQ(PIOD_IRQn)
The code looks a little inside-out to me. The pick function senses when a piece is lifted. This function then calls placefunction, which obviously has to loop until it senses a placement or another pick-up (indicating a capture). In general, you want something that runs off state and responds to events, not a thing that sits there waiting for events to happen.

I'd have an array current_board state and an array current_debounce state.

Each loop, you check your switches. Set "changes detected" to zero. If a switch is different from current_board_state, then increment the  "changes detected" counter and make a not of what has happened (e5 has been lifted). If any switch is different from your current_debounce state, write that into your current debounce state and reset the debounce timer.

After doing this, if something has changed AND the debounce timer has expired, then it's time to look at what's changed and deal with it. Otherwise, just exit the loop().

If more than one thing has changed, then light the "oops" light and enter a state where the "oops" light stays on until the 'ok, I fixed it' switch gets frobbed. This means your main loop has to handle a "we are currently fixing an oops" state.

If only one thing has changed, then copy current_debounce_state to current_board_state (using memcpy) and work out what to do.

To do this, you need a different set of variables whose job it is to keep track of the pick/maybe-capture/place cycle. START -> PICK -> POSSIBLE-SECOND-PICK -> PLACE . This function, "handle a pick or a place" might also have to light the "oops" light if something weird has happened. All going well, it will detect a place, figure out that this place has followed a prior pick or second pick, put out some output and go back to START state.

The thing is, events should make stuff happen, you don't do manage stuff by waiting for events. This means you can do things like have an oops light, flash LEDs, run a chess clock and so on by adding handlers for them in the main loop. The reed-switch stuff shouldn't consume time by sitting there waiting for a move to finish.

Ok, so I borrowed a tabletop power supply and found that the problem is the power supply to the servos. The servos are pulling about 5.5 volt and .5 amps at rest. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best battery to use for this?

Thanks
General Electronics / Re: Resiter question
Last post by locke141 - Today at 05:36 am
Ok, you guys are awesome. Grumpy_Mike I think answered why I'm not seeing a drop.

so in the original diagram that I built my border from (see attached) how would I test to see the voltage drop with the ITR9608 in place? to be clear the both of the two ITR9608 would be connecting  to tx0 and rx1 respectively
Is the error consistent? That is, is it always the same moves which give an error, or does it appear to be random?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10