Spam

I've been receiving spam via PM, and a subsequent search shows a bit more from the same user in threads, where can I report this?

I don't think we Moderators can help with PM Spam. We can ban from posting in the forums, you will have to let us know if that helps in your PMs.

MikkyB (and anyone else receiving Personal Message spam) please reply with...

• Account name of the sender
• Subject line
• Message body

...of the message.

SPAM: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,99246.0.html

cr0sh, for forum posts you can just click "Report to moderator". :wink:

Now a day Spam become a great problem in the sector of forum community.It spreads like cancer.We should create awareness among us to reduce this problem.

Now a day Spam become a great problem in the sector of forum community.It spreads like cancer.We should create awareness among us to reduce this problem.

So has useless blather, like just about everything you have posted.

PaulS:
like just about everything you have posted.

Uncalled for

funkyguy4000:
Uncalled for

I disagree. @ribbery45 has all the hallmarks of an incompetent spammer.

He only has 15 posts. A few of them are legitimate posts, say 5. That leaves 10 spam posts. Can any of use here honestly say that we haven't posted 10 replies that were worthless? I know I have, around that amount and most of them were posted when I first started.

He only has 15 posts. A few of them are legitimate posts, say 5. That leaves 10 spam posts.

Anyone with a history of 66% content-free posts would earn a place on my ban watchlist.
This user already has.

From Guidlines

Spam
The following are considered spam:

Very short posts that do not add value to the current discussion.
Double posts. If a member posted something and you realized they made a mistake, use the edit/delete option.
Off topic posts will be either removed or moved to the appropriate place, depending on moderator.
Posts that obviously serve no purpose other than uping one's post counts.
Posts like "XXX, I have a question for you" are considered spam. They should be done via private messaging.
Any other posts that we deem inappropriate for other readers.
Responses to spam posts should be considered as spam and be removed. However, spam warnings should not be given in such cases except in severe cases.
Posts that contain large amounts of smileys and/or spaces to make it look like they contain useful information often don't. Give out official spam warnings to repeat offenders. Give a bit of leeway to new posters (you can tell by their join date).

I guess being a non-admin, I don't see it too often or am not aware of it so I don't think of it as that big of a deal...maybe?
Either way, you have a point.

I guess being a non-admin,

Me too, I'm just a mod.

All too often though, we used to see posts like "I think this so too", which were a near certainty precursor to spam.
Still do, occasionally.