FirmataVB Help!!!

I am making a model rocket 'launch-box' that ignites a rocket engine from computer control, and then takes a picture through the computers webcam.
I've made the application in Visual basic 2008 and it works well.

Now I have the arduino interfacing to deal with. I'd implemented the Firmata VB Dll into my project, assuming that when the time came and the board was delivered, it would work. I've tested all the digital and analogue pins through arduino's own software and programming language, and they all work. BUT (and here's my problem)

When I try and manipulate any of the Inputs/Outputs in Visual Basic, even on the samples that FirmataVB came with, the arduino gives no response.

Have i done something really stupid, or is this an actual problem? Do i need to download a FirmataVB sketch onto the arduino (and if so, where can i download it?)?

I'm using an Arduino Duemilanove, and on COM 34.
Please help as soon as possible and thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Update: also, the RX light flashes briefly just after i send the command, but Thats all that happens

Do i need to download a FirmataVB sketch onto the arduino (and if so, where can i download it?)?

Well, the blink sketch that came installed on the Arduino isn't doing much for you, is it?

Yes, you need to upload the standard firmata sketch to the Arduino. Select File + Examples + Firmata + StandardFirmata (or one of the other examples).

Yes, you need to upload the standard firmata sketch to the Arduino. Select File + Examples + Firmata + StandardFirmata (or one of the other examples).

Just tried that, still no success. Any more advice?