I'm really new at this I need some help

Ok so here's the idea,

I know it has already been done but all the tutorials I have seen are involving some type of wireless socket, but that's not what I want. I would like to connect my Arduino to some relays and then, the relays to the lights of my room. And then, when I send a signal to my arduino with my Android phone via Wireless, my lights would turn on and off.

Thanks

You can control the relay by Bluetooth.

But I mean, will the relay handle the current? Because I am planning to use the relay as a switch for the lamp in my ceiling, and it's using 120v with a current of 0.5A sooo... Is it dangerous or not?

RafiKhalil:
Is it dangerous or not?

Of course it's dangerous. Not knowing exactly what you are doing can get you killed at these voltage levels.

RafiKhalil:
Is it dangerous or not?

If you ask this question I think you need to get a qualified electrician to help you to do things safely.

...R

I mean obviously it's dangerous trying to manipulate electricity wirh such a high voltage :sweat_smile:
But what I meant is, will the relay handle the voltage and the current? Like, is it do-able?

RafiKhalil:
the relay

What is "the" relay? There will certainly be "a" relay that will do what you want, but you haven't said which one you're planning on using afaics, so nobody can answer the question.

RafiKhalil:
I mean obviously it's dangerous trying to manipulate electricity wirh such a high voltage :sweat_smile:
But what I meant is, will the relay handle the voltage and the current? Like, is it do-able?

I will repeat what I said earlier

If you ask this question I think you need to get a qualified electrician to help you to do things safely.

I am not prepared to give advice in case my unqualified advice is incorrect or, if it is correct, in case you misinterpret my advice and cause harm to yourself, someone else or your property.

...R

This one

This very project has been done before - http://www.instructables.com/id/Android-controlled-Lights-and-Power-pfodDevice-fo/

So yes, it's possible, and there are relays that can handle it. But as others have said - if you're not already familiar with working with AC mains voltage, this may not be the way to learn how to do it. There are dozens of house fires every year started as a result of people mucking with their house circuits without knowing what they're doing.