BTW, I just reviewed your hydro webpage... cool looking space, though it was not operational, or registering. Looks cool!
- I have two 110 ahr leisure batteries in parallel, 12v output (that's parallel, yes?)
- I have 1 240 watt Bosch panel
- I have 3 small panels equaling 80 watt
- I have them running through a Solar Panel Charger Controller Regulator 10A 12V/24V-- with Overload, Short Circuit, Under-voltage and Over-charging Protection
- I presently only use all of this to power: iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, a dvd player/led projector, led strip lighting (used as long as it takes to light my lanterns &/or candles), a small audio amp which links to the projector, AA & AAA usb powered battery charger, and various other USB powered items - not all at once, but often more than one at once
In future, I will be adding solar panels & batteries as needed as I relocate to a larger yurt. In this space I will also be adding:
- a 6KW diesel generator (with it's own battery)-I hope to setup a starter & kill switch from about 20' away within my new yurt to the shed it will be living(I'd like to monitor this as well)
- a propane fridge which may need some minor current
- an instant propane hotwater heater which may require some minor current
- more LED lighting
- 12v water pump to move water around my woodstove heated hot tub
- likely a larger battery bank
- several more panels
- possibly-bicycle powered washing machine
I'd like to have both an LED monitor and be able to access via my iPhone or mac. I like the look of COSM https://cosm.com/feeds/83152, but more the look of high charts. Highcharts history view is very cool.
I am starting with a clean slate all around... my cup is definitely not overflowing as far as this stuff goes.
I like the sound of what you mentioned, the 50 amp rigged up. I'd love step by step... but maybe I won't be so lucky?