The Arduino documentation quality is very bad:
- A lot of known bugs (Ethernet!) were not mentioned in the reference
- Comments in the reference are not possible
And this forum has a poor UX. It is almost impossible to search for two words, since the results come up with pages showing results of only one word... And also searching for "()" for example for searching for code is also not possible.
Hopefully there will be soon a Stack Overflow Community about Arduino
Dear Arduino crew please
- switch to Stack Overflow. It pushes the quality of the documentation a lot!
- Also provide general access to edit the references.
- Please fix the forum search.
- Please remove those unnecessary forum post forum features. Nobody uses them except for "code"
- Please find a better style for the code block in forum posts, they are annoying and very big, the dotted lines are not beautiful.
- Please reduce the layout of the forum it's very noisy.
- Please remove stupid features like icons from the forum.
- Reduce the number of forums, it is hard to figure out if a question is technical/software/setup or whatever. Better add a good tagging system. Not this 2003 style of forum categories...
I do like Arduino a lot!
Stack Overflow: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/49538/arduino?referrer=aGIGu9OJQHvTwCU-axkKUA2