The only thing with relays is they should have a diode across them to prevent 'miniature surges' when the relay turns off.
Tip: The red wire does not
connect to the black wire. Especially not via a body part.
If your not afraid of 220v, then I'd definitely advise against it.
As someone who has been shocked a number of times with it, its not something to take lightly.
Although its interesting to note that mains is nothing compared to sticking your finger in a ordinary battery powered camera flash. Now *that* hurts.
A 350V capacitor discharging instantly in to your finger.