I'm looking to find a way to pull a cord 10cm. I can say why if anyone's interested.
I have a servo
But the (not even!) 180° movement it produces won't produce this degree of movement.
1) continuous rotation hobby servo - not a good idea as doesn't given any positional feedback? Or?
2) winch servo - is this the same as a continuous rotation hobby servo? If not maybe this is the answer?
3) 360° servo? is this the same as a continuous rotation hobby servo? If not maybe this is the answer?
4) DC motor - not a good idea as is essentially a continuous rotation hobby servo?
5) adding a long arm to the hobby servo - doubt the H.S. has the pluck for this?!
6) 'bigger' hobby servo - this wouldn't give me any more 'pull' (right?) but might tolerate a longer arm?
7) something else I haven't thought of
Would welcome your help/feedback.