Wow its been more than a year since my last post. I just finished testing out a new interface here is a list of components and why they were chosen. 1) Heng Long Scale 1/16 battle tank: Chosen because the pinouts to the board are known and lots of room to add components 2)L298 H-Bridge: Chosen for price (about $3.00 on ebay), and it can also convert 7.2V battery to 5V for Arduino 3)Access Point: Chosen for price (about $10.00 on ebay) and will allow udp communications from a Android Tablet 4)ENC28J60 module: Chosen for price (about $4.00 on ebay) and has a decent library for udp 5)Mini pro knockoff: Chosen for price (about $3.00 on ebay) and runs arduino code
A video and source code for android app and arduino mini pro will follow
Hello. There was a nunchuk eagle topic started a couple years ago but it was not answered and is now closed. I also would like to make a nunchuk adapter in eagle. I know they are available at sparkfun.
The nunchuk adapter is basically 4 connectors. 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom. They are .15 inches apart ( I think) and are about roughly .1 inches wide. The top is ground and SCL and the bottom is power and SDA. I can wire the items in eagle. But I don't know how to create pads that occupy the same area but on the top is one pad and on the bottom is a different pad.
Meanwhile...2 days later....I found some helpful links including a schematic that has 2 nunchuk breakouts:
Although you could possibly fit a raspberry pi inside a scale 1/16th tank I don't recommend it. Remember, the raspberry pi is used for the controller. The controller will be connected to the transmitter. In the tank itself you will place the receiver, and yes I've made very small receivers with diy Arduinos that fit in smaller than 1/16 tanks.
But back to the horsepower question. This was the easiest/quickest way for me to read wiimote/Bluetooth. I saw a link to a usb host shield solution, and I also have a Bluetooth shield that I would like to try. But I haven't had success yet.
Thank you. Now the question is, how to integrate their library with what I'm using: stepper.h from http://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Stepper or Perhaps I can just my code since it is just a goofy example for proof of concept.
I guess the question is how to calibrate or get the same "quality" results.
I have nema 17 stepper motor which I believe is standard. I probably need to get a real table to compare results.
A friend of mine was talking about his latest rep-rap project and he mentioned that the stepper motor controller was the most expensive part. Hmmm...are we not makers? There should be no "expensive" parts. We have the whole chinese continent churning out inexpensive components at our ebay fingertips.
So, I was thinking: 3 hbridges to control 3 stepper motors and an mcp23017 attached by I2c to an arduino to handle any other stop switch/sensor thingies. The hbridges were cheap only a buck or so. Iteadstudio kicked out a pcb after a few weeks, but testing showed that the hridge I selected couldn't provide enough power to drive a NEMA-17 ($15 ebay stepper motor suitable for 3D printer).
I started a github repository located https://github.com/Paulware/IRBattleField/ It contains a schematic for the receiver that uses an nrf24l01 and has a place for an hbridge to control 2 wheels. I'm going to order the pcb from iteadstudio so it will be a few weeks before I know whether it is correct.