after having used an Arduino for to school projects I want to build a very basic robot for myself. First he should only be able to drive backwards, forwards and to drive curves. I want to use a clone of the Arduino Mega 2560 found there http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_38&product_id=458 so that I can add various sensors later and the motors found there http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=47&product_id=100. Now i got some questions:
- Do I have to use a motor controller like this one http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=66 or can I connect the pwm output of my arduino directly to the motor?
- Should I use one motor for every wheel or one for the front wheels and one for the rear wheels? I don't to just power one of them.
- Would you use a servo to steer or just change the speed of the motors in this case i would have to use different motors for the right and the left wheels.
- Can i power the motors from the 5V outputs of the arduino or do i need an external power source?
- Are there any other things I should pay attention to?
PS: please excuse my bad english.