Sorry for my typing error, it should read pin 18.
I used GLCD ver.3 - RC2
The good news is I found the problem, it caused by the faulty potentiometer which controls the screen's contrast. After replacing with another 20K potentiometer, it works perfectly.
In summary, in order for this TM12864L-1 works, the following should be observed:
1. Use the lgcd library ver.3
2. Use pinout B on the table of the ks0180 playground or in the glcd doc.
2. Pin 17 on the TM12864 should be connected to +5V of the power supply, NOT to the reset pin on arduino ( it was Ugwick who found out ).
3. Use a 20K potentiometer :
- pin 3 of the tm12864 connets to the wiper of contrast pot ( the middle pin ).
- pin 18 of the lcd connects to one leg of the pot.
- the other leg of the pot connects to 5V pin of the arduino.
I will post the wiring table and the pot's wiring soon for people who may have similar problem like me
Finally, my thanks to Bill and Ugwick who have given me lots of help. It is really a great commnuity.