Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 1855
16021  Using Arduino / Programming Questions / Re: Help with code on: March 12, 2012, 12:58:50 pm
You declared useful names for the pins, so why not use them?


CODE TAGS and arrays, yeah.
16022  Using Arduino / Programming Questions / Re: What is the Arduino Uno Serial buffer size? on: March 12, 2012, 12:53:25 pm
It's a side effect of not using CODE TAGS when posting code.
Note the italics that appeared.
16023  Using Arduino / Project Guidance / Re: Motion Tracking on: March 12, 2012, 11:03:27 am
I suspect you're out of Arduino territory.
16024  Using Arduino / Project Guidance / Re: RGB LED color change using serial communication on: March 12, 2012, 10:46:50 am
Quote
I've found several different tutorial/guides etc. but I can't seem to find one that I can get to work.
Perhaps if you could post one of them, we could help you make it work.

Or, break the problem down into "how do I reliably transfer triplets of numbers across a serial link?" and the other simpler bit, then do a search for "PaulS SOP EOP" and see where that leads.
16025  Using Arduino / Project Guidance / Re: Motion Tracking on: March 12, 2012, 10:44:21 am
I can see that an ordinary 1Hz GPS might not cut it, but can't you get a 10Hz (or better) update rate GPS?
I don't imagine a 300kph object is going to change direction at any significant rate.

Are there any other physical restrictions, like mass or volume?
16026  Using Arduino / Project Guidance / Re: Motion Tracking on: March 12, 2012, 09:54:43 am
In how many dimensions do you need to track changes?
16027  Using Arduino / Project Guidance / Re: trying to get this to work on: March 12, 2012, 09:41:38 am
Solar In Preston?  
How big's your array?

I suppose all the rain will keep the cells clean for when the sun does eventually shine, sometime around Guild Week.
16028  Using Arduino / Programming Questions / Re: Arduino + Processing + SRF02 Ultrasonic Sensor + MP3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:22:14 am
Quote
the data for inString comes from Arduino. the float receives its value from a range sensor.
I don't think I've ever come across an ultrasonic ranger that returns a float value.
16029  Community / Gigs and Collaborations / Re: Hiring: Looking for somebody to produce a prototype on: March 12, 2012, 09:20:47 am
Quote
Hofstadter's law
Also quantified as "The first 90% of the project will take 90% of the available time, and the remaining 10% of the project will take the remaining 90% of the time available".
16030  Using Arduino / Programming Questions / Re: Arduino + Processing + SRF02 Ultrasonic Sensor + MP3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:40:41 am
What code do you currently have, and what does it not do that you want it to?
16031  Using Arduino / Programming Questions / Re: Memorize on: March 12, 2012, 08:39:36 am
@OP I think the correct translation would be "tactile", not "tactical".
(unless someone also sell strategic buttons)
16032  Using Arduino / Programming Questions / Re: cannot communicate via serial port with Arduino Uno to control servo motor!!!! on: March 12, 2012, 08:37:41 am
Quote
Each call to Serial.read() returns one byte, regardless of the size of the receiving variable
Strictly speaking, each call to Serial.read returns one int, but assuming that there is data in the serial rx buffer, that int will contain a value that will fit into a byte, ie. 0..255
16033  Community / Bar Sport / Re: Every so often I am stunned by a post. on: March 12, 2012, 03:04:23 am
Quote
It's the effing syntax!
C is a block-structured imperative language - after Pascal, what's so hard to learn?
They are both, after all, descendents of Algol (now there I had syntax problems!)
16034  Using Arduino / Programming Questions / Re: Software Serial Print Statements not showing up on Arduino Serial Monitor on: March 11, 2012, 04:13:22 pm
You could connect an RS232 converter to pin 11 and RS232/USB adapter to the PC, and use a terminal emulator.
16035  Using Arduino / Programming Questions / Re: Software Serial Print Statements not showing up on Arduino Serial Monitor on: March 11, 2012, 04:05:43 pm
Can you explain/describe your confusion?
Software serial is simply bit-banging, there's no connection at all to the USB, either physical/electrical or symbolic
Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 1855