I am aiming to implement MQTT feature on my Arduino mega 2560 board connected to a GSM/GPRS module. I do not have an Ethernet shield or a Wifly shield. Is it possible to implement this feature with a GSM/GPRS module ? Where can i get the relevant library ?
Please do not cross-post. This wastes time and resources as people attempt to answer your question on multiple threads.
Other thread deleted.
I am extremely sorry for that. I am new to this forum. Will take care from next time.
Any suggestion guys ?
Hmm, I'm looking to do this too. MQTT seems a bit thin on examples.
Shame the only response was "use google" :(
Evidently no-one here knows much about it. However Google has:
About 24,700 results (0.25 seconds)
How to use this forum (http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,148850.0.html)
The OP might have provided a link to explain what MQTT is. Personally I haven't heard of it.
Ah OK, well for people (like me) who are interested but know nothing about it in detail, Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT) is a protocol defined by IBM that enables simple, low overhead messaging to be passed around a network and uses publish/subscribe principles for communication. It has been cited as an ideal method for low powered devices (such as arduino) or mobile devices to communicate with a service to get some state information or to publish a device's state. Twitter, Google and other trendy apps use this method already for pushing presence status to a device.
Jonathan Oxer (he of freetronics and SuperHouseTV fame) has indicated he thinks it is the way forward for federated home automation...
To the original poster: I have found the following resources to be interesting to Arduino projects
I hope that is of some help.
Of course for more information, you could use: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mqtt (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mqtt)
Very amusing, however see reply #4. :P
As the "how to use this forum" link suggests, and I know not everyone reads it, if you are going to ask a question about "help with X" it helps to provide a link to X, rather than make people who are trying to help you do extra research to even get started.
I wrote an updated tutorial:
Arduino MQTT Library for SIM800 GSM Modem is available at ElementzTechBlog (https://elementztechblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/18/arduino-mqtt-library-for-sim800-gsm-modem/), ElementzGithubRepository (https://github.com/elementzonline/SIM800_MQTT)
- Automatically connect to TCP and to MQTT server.
- This function can be used to connect your client to MQTT broker.
- Use only if you do not use Auto connect functionality.
- Optionally you can use username, password, WILL topic and WILL
OnConnect CallBack function
- This call back function is called when MQTT connection is
- You can call subscription and publish functions inside it (according to your need).
- This function can be used to publish messages to different topics.
- You can select QoS levels and RETAIN flag according to your need.
- This function can be used to subscribe messages from different
OnMessage CallBack function
- This callback function is called when messages are received from
- Topic, TopicLength, Message, MessageLength are the arguments of
OnMessage callback function.
- Inside this, you can write your custom code.
- This function can be used to unsubscribe from a previously subscribed
- This function can be used to disconnect your client from MQTT broker.
- You can specify your KeepAlive duration while initializing.
- Ping requests are sent and received automatically.
Subscribe Publish examples are also provided.