Go Down

Topic: Suggestion of LED Strip Which Can Be Controlled by Arduino (Read 2300 times) previous topic - next topic

Peter_Lam

Hi guys,

I am looking for LED strip which is suitable for my project.

I am using a Mega 2560 to control,  need only about 30cm to 50cm length for the LED stripe.

Of course I would like to display running LEDs patterns on the LED stripe.

Did some research on the internet, but can't really find one good.

Does anyone got some suggestion ? Cheers

Grumpy_Mike

Which is? How do we know what is suitable.

Does anyone got some suggestion

A bit more information, needed.
Colour / multicolour?
Individually LED addressable / whole strip turns on at once?

KirAsh4

I just typed 'led strips' in Google and was presented with 35 million hits.  Do the same on eBay and I get some 90 thousand hits.

Peter_Lam

Which is? How do we know what is suitable.

Does anyone got some suggestion

A bit more information, needed.
Colour / multicolour?
Individually LED addressable / whole strip turns on at once?

mono-colour is fine, I do not care about if I can change the colour, I only care about turning on/off and dimming.

I wanted to make LEDs turn on and then off in a one-by-one sequence, i.e. running pattern.

I suppose this would be addressable ?

I just typed 'led strips' in Google and was presented with 35 million hits.  Do the same on eBay and I get some 90 thousand hits.

Just too many, I haven't came up to one suitable yet.

KirAsh4

Out of those 34 million hits, 33 million of them will work.  Same with eBay.  Now you have two additional pieces: addressable and one color only.

Let's try searching for that: 'addressable led strip arduino'  -> 35,500 results.  That includes instructions, videos, howtos, and products for sale.

fungus

I wanted to make LEDs turn on and then off in a one-by-one sequence, i.e. running pattern.

Yes.

I don't think they do single-color, individually addressable strips so you'll have to use RGB.

Next question: How many LEDs do you need per meter?
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Peter_Lam

Yes.

I don't think they do single-color, individually addressable strips so you'll have to use RGB.

Next question: How many LEDs do you need per meter?

Not too many,  I just need maximum 20-40 LEDs per meter, about 0.5m long in total.

fungus

Not too many,  I just need maximum 20-40 LEDs per meter, about 0.5m long in total.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ws2811+30

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Toresen

As far as addressable LEDs would go, run a search for WS2801 or WS2811 RGB LED strips/Pixels and you should get what you're looking for.

Go Up