Go Down

Topic: Arduino's unknown problems (Read 533 times) previous topic - next topic

Sph1nx

Hello everybody!

I am a new member's of Arduino Environment. That's why i begin in electronic and in programming.

In my starter kit, I have an Arduino Uno card. For two days, I work with it. I upload simple programs such as "How to pilot a LED with a switch".

Now, I can't upload my program in my electronic card.

The error message is:

"avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responsing."
"avrdude:stk500_getsync(): attempt 1 of 10 : not in sync: resp0x00"

I follow "Arduino Troubleshooting Guide" and I can't find a solution.

Arduino Software: Ok
Drivers: Ok
Physical Connection: Ok
Serial Port: Ok

But I don't understand "Bootloader". Can you explain me plz?

Can you give me devices for a solution plz?

* I have this error message on two computers.

Thank you !

ieee488

It is always possible you broke your Arduino somehow.

The clones are cheap.

ballscrewbob

Did you search the forums for your error message or part of it ? eg. "avrdude: stk500_recv()"

Is it a REAL arduino or a clone ? (if unsure post decent quality pictures)
What operating system ? (if its a mac i'm outta here)
Have you tried it with everything disconnected ?
Have you tried a different USB cable ?
Are you connecting via a USB HUB or directly ?
How are you powering it ?
Can you see the device in your OS ?
Can you select the COM port in the IDE ?
Which IDE version ?

"Bootloader" a small piece of code/firmware/software that starts/initialises the rest of the system prior to running other software/skectches/operating systems. An abstract software layer between hardware and software often used to define hardware handshakes / paths. Usually hardware specific.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Sph1nx

Hi !

Thank for answers!

Did you search the forums for your error message or part of it ? eg. "avrdude: stk500_recv()"

Is it a REAL arduino or a clone ? (if unsure post decent quality pictures)
What operating system ? (if its a mac i'm outta here)
Have you tried it with everything disconnected ?
Have you tried a different USB cable ?
Are you connecting via a USB HUB or directly ?
How are you powering it ?
Can you see the device in your OS ?
Can you select the COM port in the IDE ?
Which IDE version ?

"Bootloader" a small piece of code/firmware/software that starts/initialises the rest of the system prior to running other software/skectches/operating systems. An abstract software layer between hardware and software often used to define hardware handshakes / paths. Usually hardware specific.

It's Sainsmart Uno. You can see the picture: http://imgur.com/Xav34zP

I use MAC OS but i have tried to upload with a Windows OS. 

Here is a list of all different tests that I have done:

-I upload my program without electronic components.
-My computer recognizes my Arduino when I plug it. I have checked that all Drivers installations.
-I don't have different USB cables. But, I can upload another Arduino with this cable.
-For my project, I have already powers my Arduino with 9V external. It happened that powers my Arduino with USB cable and external power supply.
-When I press reset button the L LED blinks three times.
-I can select the COM port with the two computers.
-I have tried different IDE version: 1.6.9 and 1.0.6.
-I have also tried to push the reset button during and before upload.

Thank you!

dmjlambert

1  Check that the L LED blinks 3 times when you open Serial Monitor in the IDE.   
2  Do the loop back test, which is described in one of the pinned posts at the top of the Installation & Troubleshooting  forum.  Let us know how that goes.
3  In the IDE preferences, checkmark show verbose output on upload.   Show us the complete output that is shown to you in the bottom of the IDE window when you try to upload the blink sketch.

What other Arduinos do you have?

Sph1nx

Hi!

http://imgur.com/RWESVn1
1  Check that the L LED blinks 3 times when you open Serial Monitor in the IDE.   
2  Do the loop back test, which is described in one of the pinned posts at the top of the Installation & Troubleshooting  forum.  Let us know how that goes.
3  In the IDE preferences, checkmark show verbose output on upload.   Show us the complete output that is shown to you in the bottom of the IDE window when you try to upload the blink sketch.

What other Arduinos do you have?

I achieve your 3 steps.

1. I confirm my L LED blinks 3 times when I open Serial Monitor in the IDE.
2. I realized the loop back test. Success. My computer hardware driver, my USB cable and my USB to Serial converter work. The communication between my computer and Arduino is present.
3. I add this preference system.

Now you can see pictures:

-The result of the communication between my computer and Arduino Uno.
http://imgur.com/u1XxsJB

- My program during uploading.
http://imgur.com/RWESVn1

- Error messages after uploading.
http://imgur.com/NttVcIM

Now, I received a true "Arduino Uno".

If my hardware driver, USB cable and USB to Serial converter work, where is the problem?

A "bootloader" is a "Serial converter"?

Thank you for answers!

*I always search a solution.

ballscrewbob

Bootloader is NOT a serial converter !

USBASP or similar is a HARDWARE device suitable to UPLOAD a bootloader / BIOS / Hardware conversion software / Abstract layer / etc.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

dmjlambert

Now, I received a true "Arduino Uno".
I do not know what this means.   Do you have another Arduino that works?   Or both do not work?

It is better to copy and paste the text of the error messages rather than pictures, because it is not likely a large number of people would want to or have the ability to copy an http address and paste it manually into an address bar of a browser.   

I do not know the solution to this particular problem.   You may want to post your question in the International section of the forum if your language is represented there, so there will be people who can read and understand the parts of the error messages that are not in English.

Sph1nx

Hi!

I do not know what this means.   Do you have another Arduino that works?   Or both do not work?

It is better to copy and paste the text of the error messages rather than pictures, because it is not likely a large number of people would want to or have the ability to copy an http address and paste it manually into an address bar of a browser.   

I do not know the solution to this particular problem.   You may want to post your question in the International section of the forum if your language is represented there, so there will be people who can read and understand the parts of the error messages that are not in English.
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I have an another Arduino that works. No problem with my test program.

Thank you  for advices. I will do my research. If I have a solution, I will answer you. Indeed, I will see the international section of the forum.

Thank you!

Go Up