Go Down

Topic: New spam detection in place - have you been banned? (Read 45647 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

Nov 28, 2018, 07:04 pm Last Edit: Nov 28, 2018, 07:06 pm by ballscrewbob
A little harsh IMHO.

OP was in contact with me in the midst of the double posting and was advised not to post elsewhere.
She complied with that request from what I can see.

A secondary account although frowned upon seems like it was made to be able to plead her case.

Not SPAM in the true sense of the word by any standard.
Cross posting sure.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Coding Badly

Nov 28, 2018, 09:15 pm Last Edit: Nov 28, 2018, 10:20 pm by Coding Badly
A secondary account although frowned upon seems like it was made to be able to plead her case.
Private messages always works.  Report-to-moderator always works.

I have been banned...
...given a timeout.  Looks like three days.

Do you have any advise what I can do now?
Wait three days.

Or, ask politely for the timeout to be ended early.

And, stop cross-posting.

ballscrewbob

Nov 28, 2018, 10:04 pm Last Edit: Nov 28, 2018, 10:05 pm by ballscrewbob
In my mind this is resolved.

However a point of order was made "In the event that your account is banned, and you believe you did not post spam, please make a new account and post a reply here giving the name of the banned account so we can investigate."

Yea the very first post in the whole thread...

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

AWOL

Back then, ban meant ban. ({sigh} How I yearn for The Good Old Days)

Now, you could just use the "report to moderator" control.
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Go Up