Go Down

Topic: pH sensor calibration and ideas (Read 144 times) previous topic - next topic

Nathan91

Mar 19, 2019, 08:33 pm Last Edit: Mar 19, 2019, 08:35 pm by Nathan91
hai guys i need some help  regarding this sensor...i bought it online and i cant calibrate it
can anybody help me on this the pic of it in attachment

jremington

Mar 19, 2019, 08:35 pm Last Edit: Mar 19, 2019, 08:36 pm by jremington
How are you trying to calibrate the sensor, and what happens?

Please read and follow the directions in the "How to use this forum" post.

MarkT

Mar 19, 2019, 11:46 pm Last Edit: Mar 19, 2019, 11:47 pm by MarkT
hai guys i need some help  regarding this sensor...i bought it online and i cant calibrate it
can anybody help me on this the pic of it in attachment
Do you have any more information than the picture?

Do you have calibrated buffer solutions?
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

freaklabs

I would agree with MarkT. First thing you need is calibration solutions to dip the pH probe into. Then you need an interface circuit that is specific to the probe and connects to your Arduino. This usually involves opamps and some analog circuitry. If you feel uncomfortable with this, you may be able to buy a module that interfaces the probe. Check with the manufacturer or get those fingers typing on google.
FreakLabs
Wireless Technology for the environment, wildlife, and agriculture
https://freaklabs.org
https://hackerfarm.jp
Twitter: @freaklabs

wvmarle

Looks like the common "ph sensor v1.1" board, which also has an NTC as temperature sensor on board (reading the air temperature rather than the liquid temperature). It has analog and digital output for the pH signal. The first is to read the actual pH value, the other as "alarm" for pH above or below a certain setpoint.

To calibrate: stick your probe in a pH=7 buffer, wait a bit, write down the value. Same for pH=4. If you have it, maybe take a third point using a pH=10 buffer. The probe output should be linear.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Go Up