Go Down

Topic: Visual examples (Read 756 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello,

I am new to Arduino, I have a base knowledge of electricity and a little more experience programing.  Currently I am working through the "Begining Arduino" book. (Cant remember the name but its the blue one.)  As I am working through the examples I find my self having trouble with aspects of the code.  I tend to learn a little better visually, and I was wondering if anyone out there new of a good reference sheet or similar item, that can lay out the basics of the code structure with main functoning statements that are most commonly used?

I am trying to take the code from past exercises and add it to the code for the next exercise etc.  I am not having success, and getting errors where there (as I understand it) should not be.  More specifically, I am aware that at the end of a code you need to end it with an  "}".    Anyway, it would be great to get some advice on where to find such a reference item.  The book doesn't have the example I thought that maybe someone else may have found.  I think I will be better off for what I hope to gain from Arduino, if I get a really firm grasp on the code early on.  Thanks for taking the time to look at my post.

James C4S

The Arudino is programmed in C/C++. A comment like "code ends in a }" suggests you need to spend some time understanding C.

You can always post code here for suggestions on how to make it compile, but please wrap that code in [ code] tags.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Morris Dovey

A very sketchy reference off the top of my head:

Function:

<type> <function name> ( <argument list> ) <block>

Block:

{ <statement> }

Statements:

<expression> ;

<block>

if ( <expression> ) <statement>

if ( <expression> ) <statement> else <statement>

while ( <expression> ) <statement>

do <statement> while ( <expression> ) ;

for ( <expression> ; <expression> ; <expression> ) <statement>

goto <label> ;

continue ;

break ;

return <expression> ;

For a more complete/formal breakdown, pick up a copy of The C Programming Language 2nd Ed by Kernighan & Ritchie or download a copy of n1256.pdf
There's always a better way!

Great!  Thanks for your reply's, this is a great starting point for me.

DuaneB

Hi,

I think this is a nice reference to have around, its the guide that oomlout supply with thier Arduino kits -

http://oomlout.com/products/ARDX/ARDX-experimenters-guide-WEB.pdf

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com
Read this
http://rcarduino.blogspot.com/2012/04/servo-problems-with-arduino-part-1.html
then watch this
http://rcarduino.blogspot.com/2012/04/servo-problems-part-2-demonstration.html

Rcarduino.blogspot.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy