Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino on a breadboard ISP header  (Read 1012 times)
Seminole, FL
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I just got back my boards for an ISP programming helper for doing Arduino on a breadboard.  It is designed to sit over top of the ATmega168/328 in a breadboard and provides the 6-pin programming header.  In addition, it has the Arduino pin mapping information on the silkscreen to ease wiring.

Some obvious extensions I can think of are adding the non-pop pads for a ceramic resonator to the bottom side, and possibly the reset line.  They'd have to be SMT, since there isn't really any more room on the top side when a shrouded connector is populated.

Thoughts?

* isp_img_med.png (212.84 KB, 240x562 - viewed 30 times.)

* isp_use.jpg (105.44 KB, 861x705 - viewed 43 times.)

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Make the board wider? Then will have plenty of room for crystal, caps, reset pullup resistor, Vcc decoupling caps.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

I just use micro clips that grab the leads(with no issues upto tsop),  and a bit of ribbon cable
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:02:13 am by Osgeld » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I dont see the point of this
All that work and expense when its just as easy to connect it direct to the pins?

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

I did something similar only different smiley-lol ... a pair of small boards that hang off the sides of the breadboard:
http://adventuresinarduinoland.blogspot.com/2011/09/arduino-breadboard-helpers.html

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Seminole, FL
View Profile

I dont see the point of this
All that work and expense when its just as easy to connect it direct to the pins?

I mainly did it to save time setting things up ( I only get about 2 hours a week to work on projects).  If I don't have to think about where the pins go or place them, I have more time to play.

My original board was all made from stuff I already had,  but I still had to continually reference the Arduino pin mapping.  So I designed the board during time I couldn't work on other projects ( long story, but designing simple PCBs really helps take my mind off things).  W/batchpcb's cost model, these only cost about $2.5 per when combined with something you were ordering anyway.

I did something similar only different smiley-lol ... a pair of small boards that hang off the sides of the breadboard:
http://adventuresinarduinoland.blogspot.com/2011/09/arduino-breadboard-helpers.html
Oh nice!  As a separate thing, I have a board off the side w/ just the crystal and capacitor.  Yours is much nicer than that!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: