Go Down

Topic: Ethernet Shield (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

James C4S

Yes,mine is from ebay.

Re-read your item's description.  It says you have to disconnect the shield. 

Question, if I connect the ethernet shield it suppose to be in my network connection. Because I have 3 laptops connected in the same network and the arduino does not appear. 

Is your sketch running the NETBIOS protocol?  (Hint, it's not.)  NETBIOS is how PC's running a full blown operating system (and higher levels of the networking protocol stack) about each other.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

zoomkat

Discussion on how to use the reset button.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,67777.msg586050.html#msg586050
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

AnddyPR

That is the same I have. When I upload the program to the Arduino, which pins must be used to connect the Ethernet Shield in the Arduino Mega 2560?

AnddyPR

I upload the program without the ethernet shield, but when I connect the ethernet shield and click the serial monitor this what appears

processing.app.SerialException: Serial port 'COM1' already in use.  Try quiting any programs that may be using it.
   at processing.app.Serial.<init>(Serial.java:144)
   at processing.app.Serial.<init>(Serial.java:91)
   at processing.app.SerialMonitor.openSerialPort(SerialMonitor.java:204)
   at processing.app.Editor.handleSerial(Editor.java:2415)
   at processing.app.EditorToolbar.mousePressed(EditorToolbar.java:352)
   at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6260)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
   at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6028)
   at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4574)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4235)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4168)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2085)
   at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2475)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

zoomkat

I upload the program without the ethernet shield, but when I connect the ethernet shield and click the serial monitor this what appears

Probably the easiest solution for you is to purchase another ethernet shield with out the PoE/upload issues.  :smiley-roll:
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

AnddyPR

I upload the program to the Mega 2560 and then connect the Ethernet Shield with the ethernet cable but nothing happen when I open the serial monitor appears this "processing.app.SerialException: Serial port 'COM1' already in use.  Try quiting any programs that may be using it."  :smiley-red:

kd7eir

Try the ASCII Table sketch under Examples -> Communications.  Load the sketch with nothing attached to the Mega2560.  Open the serial monitor and see what happens.  It is very unlikely, though not impossible, that the Mega2560 is actually on COM1.

Go Up