Go Down

Topic: Arduino Mega2560 + Ion Lithium Battery (Read 716 times) previous topic - next topic

Yolco

Hi dudes,

I'm working with arduino mega2560 and I have a ion lithium battery of 3.7 V. It works perfectly until battery is discharged.

So, I have a doubt, how can I do to charge the battery through the arduino??

I'd like to use it autonomously.

* Now, I connect the battery to arduino by external reference pins.

CrossRoads

"So, I have a doubt, how can I do to charge the battery through the arduino??

I'd like to use it autonomously."

Generally, get a battery charge control chip. These are available as  shield from several sources.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Yolco

Hi,

Thanks!!

I'd expect I could make my own system to charge it. I'll have to look for another solution before get one of those chips.

Thanks again.

Regards.

CrossRoads

I used MAX1811 in a remote control to charge 1000mAH LiPo battery from 5V source, such as USB.
Only needs a couple of external parts.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Yolco

Thanks!!

I'm going to try it.
Also I'd like to use a mini-usb to connect the arduino to the PC, so I can read the values and charge the battery when it is discharged because the PC was switched off.

Regards!!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy