Go Down

Topic: Egg Painting Robot (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

jwatte

Instead of paying $200 for an EggBot (where's the fun in that?) I built a similar device for painting onto small, oval-shaped objects:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5H2h1vF_NY&feature=youtu.be

Controlled by an Arduino Uno, using a driver board that's eight BS170 MOSFETs, controlling two unipolar 12V stepper motorsE
Most amazing thing: Excluding the Uno (but including the cost of a breadboard AVR) the entire thing was less than $50 in parts!

westfw

Yeah, the egg bot was around for a couple of years as a DIY project.  It turned out that a lot of people were interested in the art aspects but not really interested in building one from old floppy parts, so The Kit was born.  Sort of like Arduini itself.

good work, though!

NI$HANT

Nice! stuff, who are the 2 kid's? are you one out of them? t
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

????? ???? !

jwatte

Nice! stuff, who are the 2 kid's? are you one out of them? t

Ha, no, those are my two youngest.

NI$HANT

Ha, no, those are my two youngest.

Nice! to know they are too much dipped in their Dad's work! May be this help's then to turn out as Computer Engineer's, Seriously what Dad does ,remarkably put's influence on Kid's.
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

????? ???? !

RPCoyle

Where do you get your gears???

jwatte

Where do you get your gears???

I wrote a program to generate involute gear tooth profiles into SVG (or Gcode,) and then I laser cut them out of acrylic.

RPCoyle

A little beyond my capabilities for now jwatte, but also very impressive. Thanks.

Go Up