Arduino due - 32 bits ?

I think they are going to repeat things about the Due that we have read in the press releases.

If that's true it will be a total waste of time then, at least from the 32-bit POV. I would hope it has more though.

Would be really happy, if this could find a way to us within this year ...

If not there's no point, you can't take over a year to release a product, although I guess it wouldn't be the first.

Rob

There isn't much info on the Arduino Due or the Arduino Leonardo.

The arduino due was supposed to be released last year although I'm sure that they hit some issues and that was just a projection. The onboard usb support will be nice, no stupid FTDI chips I believe.

or the Arduino Leonardo.

Yes I've all but given up on the Due, but why hasn't the Leonardo been released? After all there are so many clones out that the details are not secret (unless they change it).

Both of these boards should be easy to design for the hardware, maybe the delay is in getting a new IDE/tool chain working.

Rob

Yes the Optiboot and the new version of the IDE are certainly putting them back.

I don't think they'll be pursuing the Leonardo any more for the sole reason that there are so many out there that are exactly what the arduino people would make.

You should check out AERY32 http://www.aery32.com/ . It's easy to use, cheap and very very tiny. Been playing with one for a few days now and I love it :).

Hmmm looks good.
I was kinda hoping to use the Due more so because it was faster. Using the ARM processor.

What happened to the Due? Any release date yet?

General consensus seems to be that it will be announced at the NY Maker Faire on the 29th (tomorrow or today depending on where you are). Masimo hinted to that on another thread.

If that turns out not to be the case then I think it's time to officially give up :slight_smile:

Rob

Yeah! Thanks bud! :grin:

Fingers crossed

Duane B

I just hope it isn't too expensive, now with the Raspberry Pi filling eBay and such...

If its over $50, i'm just gonna go Raspberry Pi.

So, how would that dffer from the somewhat Arduino-compatible Maple

Arduino Due Demo tomorrow at World Maker Faire

http://makerfaire.com/pub/e/9584

Yay, I don't think there will be any surprises in the hardware but I am very interested to see the toolchain being used. Please have the option for a real IDE and debugger.

Given the obvious support from Atmel I'm betting on a version of AVR Studio6 with Arduino Due support.

Rob

funkyguy4000:
Hmmm looks good.
I was kinda hoping to use the Due more so because it was faster. Using the ARM processor.

Oh , so it will be using arm. Now that sounds just lovely :slight_smile:

Could it be that it is finally about to be released? According to someone on the element14 forum, the release data is October 22, 2012 :D:D With a release price of $49.

According to element14,

You mean according to someone posting on the E14 forum :slight_smile:

But that is supposed to be the date.

Rob

Graynomad:
You mean according to someone posting on the E14 forum :slight_smile:

Fixed :smiley: