Poll
Question: Im looking to starting producing my own version of arduino like micro controllers. I would like it to be based around what you what your dream arduino would have that current models do not. My question is: If you could make a custom arduino , what extra f
faster cpu - 11 (26.8%)
more memory - 12 (29.3%)
ultra small arduino (smaller than the pro mini) - 2 (4.9%)
More inputs (than the Mega) - 4 (9.8%)
built in WiFi - 10 (24.4%)
built in gps - 2 (4.9%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: What would your dream arduino be?  (Read 1739 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I will build custom microcontrollers around what features are most voted for. The finished products will be sold so make sure you select which extra features you would most like it to have.

Belgium
View Profile

You are going to produce microcontrollers? That's a big investment  smiley-money Or are you going to produce Arduino like boards with ATmega microcontrollers? Maybe a board with Xbee and a H-brigde is an idea, would be popular for robots.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:26:11 pm by Bajdi » Logged

View Profile

boards with ATmega or microchip microcontrollers. Sorry for confusion

Faraday Member
20 LEDs are enough
View Profile

I can build custom boards. The answer is always dependent on the usecase. I wonder how you come to the conclusion that you can make any money that way.

Check out my experiments http://blog.blinkenlight.net

Delray Beach, FL USA
View Profile

At the moment, my dream arduino would be identical to the Arduino Uno R3, but would have a dadgum jumper (or microswitch) on the auto reset instead of a trace you have to cut to disable reset and solder pads you have to join to turn reset back on.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

At the moment, my dream arduino would be identical to the Arduino Uno R3, but would have a dadgum jumper (or microswitch) on the auto reset instead of a trace you have to cut to disable reset and solder pads you have to join to turn reset back on.

Would this work?

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/seeeduino-v30-atmega-328p-p-669.html?cPath=132_133

Not an UNO, though...

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

God Member
a, b = b, a+b
View Profile

@udo

come on... let him have his fun. I do believe that more arduinos to choose from is always a better thing... :-)

I am currently building my dream arduino myself :-)

Faraday Member
20 LEDs are enough
View Profile

So am I ;I

But this guy is going to build other people's dreams? Where is the fun in that?

Check out my experiments http://blog.blinkenlight.net

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

Try a small electrolytic capacitor from the reset pin to ground. Value not terribly critical, 10µF - 47µF. 10µF works for me.

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

God Member
a, b = b, a+b
View Profile

this is what I need:
a pet engineer, who I can keep at home, so I can stop bugging all the knowledgeable people of this forum with my inane questions.
-
completely off topic @udo klein (assuming you are German just based on the name)
Do you know of any good/cheap/easy to deal with companies in Germany which do PCB fabrication for people like us?

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

one with a power switch... which is why I made my own with a simple toggle switch

"The old Europe"
Edison Member
Bootloaders suck!
View Profile

Do you know of any good/cheap/easy to deal with companies in Germany which do PCB fabrication for people like us?

Forget about that. Unless you need it quickly and have quasi unlimited funds.

For the price you'd pay for a single 160x100mm prototype board you can get a lot more from the many Chinese manufacturers and have it fedex-ed to your door within one week.

• Upload doesn't work? Do a loop-back test.
• There's absolutely NO excuse for not having an ISP!
• Your AVR needs a brain surgery? Use the online FUSE calculator.
My projects: RGB LED matrix, RGB LED ring, various ATtiny gadgets...
• Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is NO!

View Profile

I would want software support for integers with more than 32 bits.

Firenze, Italy
Dislessia portami via
View Profile

one with a power switch... which is why I made my own with a simple toggle switch

This is going to be very usefull!

The brightest flame burns quickest

UK
View Profile

Build them yourself!

I can go from concept to using it in a couple of hours. I rarely breadboard stuff now. It is cheap enough to make boards. You can spend quite a bit like I did but you don't need to. There are methods for laser printing onto magazine paper then ironing it onto a copper board, remove paper leaving toner in place and then etch in cat litter tray. I don't know the specifics as I have a three tank commercial setup but I know people that use this method and it works.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Jump to: