Go Down

Topic: Reset help (Read 948 times) previous topic - next topic

simon053

Hi, Can anyone help me with this.
I have created a shield for the arduino uno that has a Serial LCD, Piezo Buzzer, Shiftbrite and a Xbee connnected to it. It's running off a 9V battery that I have connected an on/off switch to. The problem is that when I turn the power on, the Arduino sketch that I had previously uploaded to the board will not activate unless I physically press the reset pin on the Arduino. I don't want to have to keep pressing this when I turn it on. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is so and how to fix it????

simon053

Hi, can anyone help me with this.
I've created an Arduino uno shield that has a serial LCD, Piezo Buzzer, Shiftbrite and a Xbee connected to it. It is running off a 9V battery that I have connected to the Arduino. I use a switch to turn the battery on and off. The problem is this, every time I turn the power on, the sketch that I had previously programmed on the arduino won't load up unless I physically press the reset button. Is there a reason why this happens and can anyone suggest some solutions so I do not have to keep pressing the reset???

johnwasser

Does the Arduino have power when the shield's power switch is off?
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

PaulS

can anyone suggest some solutions so I do not have to keep pressing the reset?

Sure. Use a real battery. Put the 9V battery back in the smoke alarm you stole it from, and use 4 or 5 AA batteries.

Nick Gammon

Moderator edit: Threads merged. (Nick Gammon)

Please don't create two threads asking the same question. You won't get twice the amount of help. There is a "modify" button if you want to correct spelling mistakes.

Go Up