Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Reset help  (Read 918 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, Can anyone help me with this.
I have created a shield for the arduino uno that has a Serial LCD, Piezo Buzzer, Shiftbrite and a Xbee connnected to it. It's running off a 9V battery that I have connected an on/off switch to. The problem is that when I turn the power on, the Arduino sketch that I had previously uploaded to the board will not activate unless I physically press the reset pin on the Arduino. I don't want to have to keep pressing this when I turn it on. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is so and how to fix it????

View Profile

Hi, can anyone help me with this.
I've created an Arduino uno shield that has a serial LCD, Piezo Buzzer, Shiftbrite and a Xbee connected to it. It is running off a 9V battery that I have connected to the Arduino. I use a switch to turn the battery on and off. The problem is this, every time I turn the power on, the sketch that I had previously programmed on the arduino won't load up unless I physically press the reset button. Is there a reason why this happens and can anyone suggest some solutions so I do not have to keep pressing the reset???

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Does the Arduino have power when the shield's power switch is off?

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

can anyone suggest some solutions so I do not have to keep pressing the reset?
Sure. Use a real battery. Put the 9V battery back in the smoke alarm you stole it from, and use 4 or 5 AA batteries.

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Moderator edit: Threads merged. (Nick Gammon)

Please don't create two threads asking the same question. You won't get twice the amount of help. There is a "modify" button if you want to correct spelling mistakes.

View Profile

Sorry about the two threads, I'm new to this. The Arduino does not have power when the switch is off! I take it to be a power issue if someone is suggesting using more batteries, but I do not wish to do this. Is there any other suggestions??

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Sounds like the reset pulse is coming too fast. You need some sort of slower reset. Maybe put a 0.1 uF capacitor between the reset and Gnd pins.

View Profile

That has done the trick. Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Simon

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: