Go Down

Topic: Distance code for X band Sensor (Read 771 times) previous topic - next topic

Chimonster

Hello,
Does anyone know the best way I could write a sketch code for restricting the distance for an X-Band motion dector? I figured out that I would need to measure the pulse width inorder to write the code. After I figured out the pulse's width, what do I do with the result that I have discover? What main concern or key words should I be aware of when writing this code? I attched some information about my motion dectector incase someone would like more infomation. I would like for my detector to only turn on when it detects motion 1 foot (30.480000000029015 cm or 12 inches ) from my project. My detector could dectect up to 30 ft.  Any tips or guidence would greatly appreciated. Thanks!

AWOL

Apr 14, 2012, 09:42 pm Last Edit: Apr 14, 2012, 09:58 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
It's a continuous Doppler unit; you can't measure range.

FWIW, 1 foot is a little over 1 light-nanosecond. You'd be better off using sonar.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

PaulS

And stop with the polls. Right next to the stupid new poll button is the new thread/topic button. Use that one instead, so you don't look like a doofus with the useless polls.

Chimonster

Thanks for your reply. You didn't anwser my topic but I will make a note of the polls.

Go Up