Go Down

Topic: Distance code for X band Sensor (Read 853 times) previous topic - next topic

Chimonster

Hello,
Does anyone know the best way I could write a sketch code for restricting the distance for an X-Band motion dector? I figured out that I would need to measure the pulse width inorder to write the code. After I figured out the pulse's width, what do I do with the result that I have discover? What main concern or key words should I be aware of when writing this code? I attched some information about my motion dectector incase someone would like more infomation. I would like for my detector to only turn on when it detects motion 1 foot (30.480000000029015 cm or 12 inches ) from my project. My detector could dectect up to 30 ft.  Any tips or guidence would greatly appreciated. Thanks!

AWOL

Apr 14, 2012, 09:42 pm Last Edit: Apr 14, 2012, 09:58 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
It's a continuous Doppler unit; you can't measure range.

FWIW, 1 foot is a little over 1 light-nanosecond. You'd be better off using sonar.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

PaulS

And stop with the polls. Right next to the stupid new poll button is the new thread/topic button. Use that one instead, so you don't look like a doofus with the useless polls.

Chimonster

Thanks for your reply. You didn't anwser my topic but I will make a note of the polls.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy